Office of the President Records (J. Oliver Buswell)
Scope and Contents
Records of the President J. Oliver Buswell include biographical files, correspondence, minutes, financial records and audio recordings.
- Created: 1917-1980
- Other: Majority of material found in 1926-1940
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions for documents in this record group.
12 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by box with folder level control.
Physical Access Requirements
Archival records must be utilized in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
The originals of these Wheaton College records are housed at the Presbyterian Church of America Historical Center and were copied in total in the mid-1980s. These files represent a portion of the original collection housed in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Administrative Records.
- American Tract Society.
- Bible Institute Colportage Association (Chicago, Ill.)
- Bible Institute of Los Angeles.
- Biederwolf, William E. (William Edward), 1867-1939.
- Biography files.
- Brumbaugh, Roy Talmage, 1890-1957.
- Chafer, Lewis Sperry, 1871-1952.
- College Church in Wheaton (Ill.)
- Family Papers
- Financial Records
- Garrett Biblical Institute.
- Independent Board for Presbyterian Foreign Missions.
- Ironside, H. A. (Henry Allan), 1876-1951.
- Machen, J. Gresham (John Gresham), 1881-1937.
- McCormick Theological Seminary.
- McIntire, Carl, 1906-2002.
- McQuilkin, Robert Crawford, 1886-1952.
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S.A. -- Missions.
- Presbyterian Church of America.
- Princeton Theological Seminary.
- Riley, W. B. (William Bell), 1861-1947.
- Trumbull, Charles G. (Charles Gallaudet), 1872-1941.
- Office of the President Records (J. Oliver Buswell)
- Buswell Library Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script