Athletics Department Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
Records of the Athletics include correspondence, financial information, athletic conference files, agendas and minutes, annual reports and information by sport.
- Created: 1900-2011
- Other: Majority of material found in 1947-1995
Conditions Governing Access
Documents in this record group are closed 20 years from the date of their creation. Permission to view confidential portions of a file may be granted upon request and approval.Minutes of executive committee sessions or Faculty Personnel Committee are closed for 15 years after the creation of the record. Personnel-related files are closed until 25 years after the death of the subject. Trustee records are closed until 50 years after the date of the creation of the record. Permission to view confidential portions of a file may be granted upon request and approval.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted. Quotation from archival records requires permission of Wheaton College.
42 linear feet other_unmapped
The collection is arranged by box with folder level control.
Physical Access Requirements
Archival records must be utilized in the Manuscripts Reading Room.
Source of Acquisition
- Athletics -- Recruiting.
- Christian College Consortium (U.S.)
- College Conference of Illinois Wisconsin
- College sports
- College sports -- Illinois -- Wheaton.
- College sports -- United States.
- Financial Records
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics
- National Collegiate Athletic Association
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Athletics.
- Wheaton College (Ill.). Alumni Association
- YMCA of the USA.
- Athletics Department Records
- Special Collections, Buswell Library Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description