Kenneth Taylor Papers
Collection — Container: Books
The collection (about 10 linear feet) consists primarily of various drafts, revisions, and dictaphone tapes concerning the development of the Living Bible and the Taylor's Bible Story Book. The boxes are arranged chronologically, representing the order in which each section was completed. Most of the biblical books went through several revisions before a final translation was accepted. Since it was difficult to determine whether a given revision was the "1st revision," "2nd revision," etc, it was decided to simply label the files "revision." Each revision follows from the previous file.
- Created: 1960-2004
- Other: Majority of material found in 1962-1970
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/2000
- Taylor, Kenneth Nathaniel (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
7 linear feet other_unmapped
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition Though on deposit since 1982 the collection was officially given to Wheaton College in 2000.
Other Descriptive Information
This collection represents the works of Kenneth Taylor as related to the production of the Living Bible and Taylor's Bible Story Book. It includes revisions and drafts of each of the individual publications that eventually were published together to produce the Living Bible.
The collection was originally processed by William S. Favata, Joanna White and Roger Phillips in 1982.
- Audio-visual materials.
- Bible -- Paraphrases, English.
- Bible stories
- Bible stories -- English.
- Bible. English. Living Bible.
- Bible. English. Living Bible. -- Manuscripts.
- Children -- Conduct of life.
- Children -- Prayer-books and devotions.
- Christian biography -- United States.
- Christian life -- Juvenile literature.
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile literature.
- Devotional exercises.
- Financial Records
- God -- Juvenile literature.
- Jesus Christ -- Biography -- Sources, Biblical.
- Prayer books and devotions
- Prayer books and devotions -- Juvenile literature.
- Publishers and publishing -- United States -- Biography.
- Sex instruction for children -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Taylor, Kenneth Nathaniel -- Manuscripts.
- Theology, Doctrinal.
- Tyndale House Publishers.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Authors.
- Kenneth Taylor Papers
- Special Collections, Buswell Library Staff
- Description rules
- Language of description