Anita and Peter Deyneka, Jr. Papers
Collection — Container: Books
Scope and Contents
The Anita and Peter Deyneka, Jr. Papers comprise eleven series: Biography, Published Material, Unpublished Material, Correspondence/Faxes, Conference, Media, Speeches/Lectures, Ministries, Secondary, WRF, and Memorabilia. The bulk of the collection is found in the latter portions of the series with Ministries, Secondary and WRF occupying three-quarters of the collection. These series document the activities of the Deyneka's various internal and external activities. Ministries includes records from the Institute of Soviet and East European Studies, the education "arm" of the Slavic Gospel Association. Missions and other Russian-related organizations are represented in these series. The Secondary series contains materials about the Deynekas and their work, as well as related-documents collected by them. Another large portion of the collection can be found in various media. Audio and videotapes are plentiful. Several boxes of photographs are also found in the collection. The remainder of the series documents the communication and writing activities of the Deynekas. This includes numerous boxes of Speeches and Lectures along with support and research for the lectures.
- Created: 1951-2008
- Other: Majority of material found in 1984-2000
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1992
- Deyneka, Peter (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
50 linear feet other_unmapped
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
The collection was received by donation in 1992 with additional donations in subsequent years.
Other Descriptive Information
The Anita and Peter Deyneka, Jr. Papers document the professional activities of two individuals involved in Christian evangelistic, education, and social service work in the former Soviet Union and among Russian-speaking communities.
- Administrative Records.
- Christians -- Soviet Union.
- Church and state -- Biblical teaching.
- Church and state -- Europe, Eastern.
- Church and state -- Soviet Union.
- Deyneka, Anita -- Correspondence.
- Deyneka, Peter, 1898-1987.
- Deyneka, Peter, 1931- -- Manuscripts.
- Financial Records
- Freedom of religion.
- Institute of Slavic Studies (Slavic Gospel Association)
- Lecture notes
- Missions -- Soviet Union.
- Persecution -- Soviet Union.
- School Records
- Soviet Union -- Religion.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- Anita and Peter Deyneka, Jr. Papers
- Special Collections, Buswell Library Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description