C. Everett Koop Papers
Collection — Container: Books
The C. Everett Koop papers are organized into five series: Biographical, Correspondence, Manuscript Material (sub-series: Books and Lectures/Speeches), Published Material (Pamphlets), Media Material (Audio tapes) and Secondary. The bulk of the collection is found in the Book Manuscripts. The manuscripts include typescripts and galleys for four of Koop's books: Let's Talk, The Right to Live; The Right to Die, Sometimes Mountains Move and Koop. The remaining series contain a few folders or items each.
- Created: 1968-1999
- Other: Majority of material found in 1968-1981
- Other: Date acquired: 11/00/1993
- Koop, C. Everett (Charles Everett) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
34 linear feet other_unmapped
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition Dr. Koop's personal papers began to be received in November 1993.
Other Descriptive Information
Though having served as the Surgeon General of the United States, the papers of C. Everett Koop housed at Wheaton College reflect more of Koop
- AIDS (Disease)
- Abortion -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Ethics -- Video recordings.
- Health -- Video recordings.
- Health officers
- Health officers -- United States.
- Koop, C. Everett (Charles Everett), 1916-2013
- Koop, C. Everett (Charles Everett), 1916-2013 -- Manuscripts.
- Medical care -- Video recordings.
- Medicine -- Video recordings.
- Pediatric surgeons
- Pediatric surgeons -- United States.
- C. Everett Koop Papers
- Special Collections, Buswell Library Staff
- Description rules
- Language of description