Francis and Edith Schaeffer Papers
Scope and Contents
The Francis and Edith Schaeffer papers are organized into two major series, one for each individual. One sub-series that is found under each author is Book Manuscripts. Lectures is a sub-series under Francis Schaeffer, as is Media and Publications. Secondary Material is a third series in the collection. The manuscripts sections of both major series contain the holographic and typescript versions of three books, Hidden Art, True Spirituality, and a book on Ecology. The lectures of Francis Schaeffer are on the subject of Christian Epistomology. Media material contains addresses given at L'Abri in September and October, 1968. Publications and Secondary contain only a few items by or about Francis Schaeffer.
- Created: 1968-2012
- Other: Majority of material found in 1968-1969
- Other: Date acquired: 1993
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
0.3 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
The collection of Francis and Edith Schaeffer papers was created by the staff of the Special Collections in 1993 through a variety of sources, including the manuscripts of Myrna Grant and a general holdings collection.
Other Descriptive Information
The Francis and Edith Schaeffer papers highlight a portion of the writing and speaking careers of two significant figures within Evangelical Christianity. Their philosophical influence has been significant. Their personal influence through the L'Abri movement has also been noteworthy.
- Apologetics -- History -- 20th century.
- Art and religion.
- Christian biography.
- Christianity -- 20th century.
- Christianity and politics -- History -- 20th century.
- Christianity and politics -- United States.
- Christianity and politics.
- Evangelicalism -- United States.
- Human ecology -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Knowledge, Theory of
- L’Abri (Organization)
- Schaeffer, Edith -- Manuscripts.
- Schaeffer, Francis A. (Francis August) -- Manuscripts.
- Theology -- 20th century.
- Francis and Edith Schaeffer Papers
- Buswell Library Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script