William H. Leslie Papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The William Leslie Papers offer a rare primary source for urban ministry. The collection is organized with five main series (Biographical, Ministry, Correspondence, Publications and Media). The Biographical series contains material relating to travel and education with the education sub-series containing the bulk of the series and is composed of materials from Leslie's graduate studies. The Ministry series is the largest single series detailing Leslie's ministry and further organized into several sub-series: Pastoral, Teaching and Community Involvement. Correspondence measures less than one linear foot and is organized alphabetically. Publications are mainly secondary and relating to Chicago, its history and character. Media contains photographs and audio-visual materials. The collection contains over one hundred cassettes of Leslie's sermons and addresses, as well as others speaking at LaSalle Street Church.
- Created: 1960-1993
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1994
- Leslie, William H. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
35 linear feet other_unmapped
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Other Descriptive Information
The papers and library of William Houghton Leslie highlight urban ministry and the work of a pastor of an urban church on Chicago
- Chicago (Ill.) -- History.
- LaSalle Street Church (Chicago, Ill.)
- Lecture notes
- Leslie, William H., 1932-1993
- Leslie, William H., 1932-1993 -- Correspondence.
- Leslie, William H., 1932-1993 -- Sermons.
- Marriage -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Pastoral duties
- Seminary Consortium for Urban Pastoral Education
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- William H. Leslie Papers
- Special Collections, Buswell Library Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description