Dean E. Arnold Papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
The papers of Dean E. Arnold are organized into seven series (Personal papers, Correspondence, Manuscripts (book, article, correspondence and book review), Professional Activities, Teaching Activities, Grant Proposals and Media (photographs). Biographical material is limited and only composed of curriculum vita listings. Correspondence is certainly the largest section of the collection and is arranged chronologically from 1967 until 1994 (as of 2/2008). The contents are primarily professional in nature with sporadic personal letters. Manuscripts include drafts of books and articles. Typed, as well as, galley and page proofs are found under the manuscripts category. Remaining series are self-explanatory and span only a few inches.
- Created: 1965-2011
- Other: Majority of material found in 1965-1994
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1991
- Arnold, Dean E. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
5 linear feet other_unmapped
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition The papers of Dean E. Arnold were given by personal donation to the Wheaton College Special Collections beginning in 1991.
Other Descriptive Information
The papers of Dean E. Arnold documents the academic and research career of this internationally known expert in the organization and technology of ceramic production.
- Archaeology -- Methodology.
- Arnold, Dean E., 1942-
- Arnold, Dean E., 1942- -- Correspondence.
- Arnold, Dean E., 1942- -- Lecture notes.
- Indian pottery
- Indian pottery -- Andes Region -- History.
- Indian pottery -- Central America.
- Indians of South America -- Peru -- Quinua (Huamanga) -- Pottery.
- Lecture notes
- Mayas -- Pottery.
- Pottery -- Analysis.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Course notes.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Faculty.
- Dean E. Arnold Papers
- Special Collections, Buswell Library Staff
- Description rules
- Language of description