Collection 408 Oral History Interview with Tien Fock Leong
Scope and Contents
Oral history interviews with Tien Fock Leong in which he describes his conversion, work with Campus Crusade for Christ in Malaysia; Malaysian culture in the Chinese community; the Malaysian church; and the relationship between church and state in Malaysia. Other topics discussed include social and economic conditions of Malaysia; the Muslim population in Malaysia; role of women in Malaysian society; American misconceptions of Malaysia; cultural diversity of Malaysia; and the Japanese occupation of Malaysia during World War II. The time period covered by the interviews is 1957-1989.
Tien Fock Leong was interviewed by Paul Ericksen on May 4 and 11, 1989 at the Billy Graham Center Archives at Wheaton College.
- Created: 1989
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright to the oral history interviews in this collection is held by the Billy Graham Center Archives.
Full Name: Tien Fock Leong
Birth Date: September 29, 1957
Birth Place: Malaysia
Parents: Traditional Chinese
Conversion: July 1977
Marital Status: Married
Children: 1 Child
Denominational Affiliation: Presbyterian
1981 B.E. (Honors; Civil Engineering) University of Malaya
1989 M.A. Wheaton College Graduate School
1981-1983 Malaysia Campus Crusade for Christ campus ministry, Philippines and Malaysia
1983-1986 Malaysia CCC, Village Ministry Training Center, Malaysia
1986-1988 Malaysia CCC, Campus Ministry Training Center, Malaysia
3.00 Audio Tapes
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives by Tien Fock Leong in April 1989.
Accession 89-25, 89-38
November 2, 1995
Janyce H. Nasgowitz
- Ancestor worship -- Malaysia.
- Ancestor worship.
- Bible -- Publication and distribution
- Bible -- Publication and distribution -- Malaysia.
- Buddhism -- Malaysia.
- Campus Crusade for Christ.
- Catholic Church.
- Catholic Church. -- Malaysia.
- Church and state -- Malaysia.
- Church and state.
- Church work with students
- Church work with students -- Malaysia.
- Evangelistic work -- Malaysia.
- Evangelistic work.
- Family -- Malaysia.
- Fund raising.
- Hindus -- Malaysia.
- Leong, Tien Fock.
- Malaysia -- Religion.
- Missionaries -- Appointment, call, and election.
- Missions -- Malaysia.
- Muslims -- Malaysia.
- National Evangelical Christian Fellowship of Malaysia.
- Pentecostalism -- Malaysia.
- Sex role
- Sex role -- Malaysia.
- Wheaton College (Ill.)
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- World War, 1939-1945.
- Collection 408 Oral History Interview with Tien Fock Leong
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note