Collection 353 Papers of Isaac Lunsford
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a microfilmed day-to-day journal, dating from November 1791 to July 1795 kept by Isaac Lunsford, itinerant preacher for the Baptist Church. Contents includes descriptions of Lunsford’s preaching activities along the east coast of America from Halifax, Nova Scotia, to the West Indies; his attendance at a Baptist General Conference in Baltimore in 1792; descriptions of travel by foot and by ship; accounts of revival meetings; preaching at Methodist and Presbyterian churches and Baptist meeting houses; spiritual counseling and pastoral duties; sermon texts and personal spiritual concerns. The original material was microfilmed by the Historical Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Created: 1791-1795
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Itinerant Baptist preacher.
1 Reel of microfilm
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials for this collection were received by the Billy Graham Center Archives in May 1986 from the Billy Graham Center Library.
April 28, 1987
Frances L. Brocker
- Baptists -- Caribbean Area.
- Baptists -- Middle Atlantic States
- Baptists -- Middle Atlantic States -- History.
- Baptists -- Nova Scotia
- Baptists -- Nova Scotia -- History.
- Baptists -- United States -- Clergy.
- Baptists -- United States.
- Evangelistic work -- Canada.
- Evangelistic work -- Caribbean Area.
- Evangelistic work -- United States.
- Evangelistic work.
- Lunsford, Isaac.
- Sermons, American.
- Collection 353 Papers of Isaac Lunsford
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script
Part of the Evangelism & Missions Archives Repository
501 College Avenue
Wheaton IL 60187 US