Collection 340 Records of the Baptist Women's Missionary Union
Scope and Contents
Collection contains microfilm of the following: History of Women's Missionary Union (WMU), 1822-1957; Minutes of the Executive Board of the WMU of Mississippi, 1878-1959; Minutes of the WMU of South Carolina, 1882-1975; Minutes of the WMU, Spartan, Auxiliary to Spartan Baptist Association, 1912-1919; Annual reports of WMU, 1956-1962; Minutes of the Executive Board of WMU, Kentucky, Feb. 19, 1962, to November 15, 1965. Originals were filmed by the Historical Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention. The materials document mission efforts in the U.S., including Native and African Americans.
- Created: 1822-1975
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Missionary organization for Southern Baptist women with state auxiliaries; founded in 1888; local societies preceded national organization.
10 Reels of microfilm
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials for this collection were received by the Billy Graham Center Archives in July 1986 from the Billy Graham Center Library.
January 7, 1987
Frances L. Brocker
- African Americans -- Missions.
- African Americans.
- Baptist State Convention of Mississippi.
- Baptist women -- Kentucky -- Baptist associations.
- Baptist women -- Kentucky.
- Baptist women -- Mississippi -- Baptist associations.
- Baptist women -- Mississippi.
- Baptist women -- South Carolina -- Baptist associations.
- Baptist women -- South Carolina.
- Baptist women.
- Baptists -- Missions -- United States.
- Baptists -- Missions.
- Baptists -- Societies, etc.
- Indians of North America -- Missions.
- Indians of North America.
- Missions -- United States.
- South Carolina Baptist Convention.
- Southern Baptist Convention.
- Woman's Missionary Union of Kentucky.
- Women -- Religious life.
- Women missionaries.
- Collection 340 Records of the Baptist Women's Missionary Union
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script