Collection 006 Papers of John C. Pollack
Scope and Contents
This collection contains drafts of John Pollock’s 1966 and 2004/2005 biographies of Billy Graham. The 1966 version was originally published as Billy Graham: The Authorized Biography. This book was reprinted in revised and expanded edition in 1969, with the title Crusades: Twenty Years with Billy Graham. It brought the story of Graham’s life up to 1969. Im 1979, Pollock published another biography of Graham entitled Billy Graham: Evangelist to the World, which covered the years from 1970 through 1979. Another condensed biography containing sections of the three previous books was published in 1985 under the title To All the Nations: The Billy Graham Story. This book also contained new material, carrying the story of Graham’s life and ministry up to 1984.
Boxes 1 and 2 contain handwritten and typewritten drafts of the biography of Dr. Graham written by John Pollock and published by McGraw-Hill Book Company. The manuscripts are not dated, but Pollock copyrighted his book in 1966. There is also a letter that Pollock sent with the manuscripts when he donated them to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association in 1973.
- Created: 1973-2005
Conditions Governing Access
The material in this collection is closed to researchers until after the death of Rev. Billy Graham except for persons with written permission from the representative of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Reverend Dr. John Charles Pollock (1924-2012); official biographer of Billy Graham.
2 Boxes (DC)
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
These papers were donated to the Billy Graham Center Archives by Pollock in October 1982. They were physically transferred to the BGC Archives in 1975.
October 29, 1975
Updated December 10, 2016
- Authors and publishers -- United States.
- Authors and publishers.
- Belief and doubt.
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
- Christian leadership.
- Evangelicalism -- United States.
- Evangelistic invitations.
- Evangelistic sermons.
- Evangelistic work -- Australia.
- Evangelistic work -- Congresses
- Evangelistic work -- Congresses -- Berlin (Germany)
- Evangelistic work -- Great Britain.
- Evangelistic work -- Philosophy.
- Evangelistic work -- United States.
- Evangelistic work.
- Graham, Billy, 1918-2018.
- Interdenominational cooperation -- United States.
- Interdenominational cooperation.
- Mass media in religion -- United States.
- Mass media in religion.
- Pollock, John Charles.
- Religious institutions.
- Collection 006 Papers of John C. Pollack
- Bob Shuster
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script