Skip to main content

Collection 067 Records of The Union Signal

 Collection
Identifier: CN 067

Scope and Contents

The first fifty-one years of The Union Signal, the official newspaper of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union, are Series XXI of a twenty-one-series microfilming project done between 1975 and 1977 with the cooperation of three repositories holding significant papers relating to temperance and prohibition: the Michigan Historical Collections (Ann Arbor), the Ohio Historical Society (Columbus), and the Woman's Christian Temperance Union (Evanston, Illinois). The project resulted in 426 reels of microfilm, of which the Billy Graham Center Archives purchased 198. See also collections 64, 65, and 66.

Dates

  • 1883-1935

Historical Background

The Union Signal was the official newspaper of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union. The history of the newspaper is sketched out in more detail in the Guide to the Microfilm Edition of Temperance and Prohibition Papers (Ann Arbor: The University of Michigan, 1977), pages 368-370.

Extent

37 Reels of microfilm

Language of Materials

English

Additions and Accruals

The materials for this collection were purchased by the Billy Graham Center Archives in 1980.

No Accession number

October 9, 1980

Galen Wilson

S. Kouns

G. Lynch
Title
Collection 067 Records of the Union Signal
Language of description
English
Script of description
Mass Produced Print

Repository Details

Part of the Billy Graham Center Archives Repository

Contact:
501 College Avenue
Wheaton IL 60187 US
630-752-5910