Collection 697 Oral History Interviews with Angkarin Pimpaeng
Scope and Contents
Oral history interviews with Angkarin Pimpaeng in which she discusses her childhood in Thailand, life in rural areas and the city, attendance at Chiang Mai University, conversion while a university student, work with Youth with a Mission (YWAM) in that country, attendance at YWAM’s University of the Nations in Hawaii, leading YWAM teams to Bangladesh, returning to Thailand and working with Study Abroad there, the development of her faith over the years, attending a TLC (Assemblies of God) church, Christianity in Thailand, strengths and weaknesses of the church there, her attendance of the Wheaton College Graduate School. The time period covered by the interviews is ca. late-1980s to 2016.
Angkarin Pimpaeng was interviewed by Bob Shuster in November 2016 and January 2017 in the office of the Billy Graham Center Archives in Wheaton, Illinois, USA.
- Pimpaeng, Angkarin. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research, and there are no access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright to the sound recordings in this collection is held by the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center Archives.
Full name: Angkrain Pimpaeng
Birth: June 1980 in Chiang Rai province, Thailand
Marital Status: Single
Conversion: Ca. 2002, while at university
1980s-1993 - Attended elementary and secondary village and city schools in Chiang Mai province, Thailand
1993-2003 - Attend Chiang Mai University (Mahāwitthayālai Chīang Mai). Graduated with a BA in English.
2005 - Attended Youth with A Mission’s University of the Nations (UOTN), Discipleship Training School in Hawaii
2007-2008 - Attended Youth with A Mission’s University of the Nations (UOTN), Biblical Foundations and Missions School in Hawaii
2016-2018 - Wheaton College Graduate School, Masters in Counseling
2003-2005 - On staff of Youth with a Mission (YWAM) in Thailand as a translator
2005-2010 - On the staff of YWAM in Hawaii as mentor and trainer at UOTN
2010-2015 - On staff of Study Abroad (International Sustainable Development Studies Institute)
3 Sound Recordings
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center Archives by Angkarin Pimpaeng in November 2016 and January 2017.
Accession: 16-40, 17-02, 17-04
April 21, 2022
- Assemblies of God. -- Thailand.
- Chiang Mai (Thailand)
- Christianity and culture -- Thailand.
- Church development, New -- Thailand
- Church work with students -- Thailand.
- Conversion -- Personal narratives.
- Discipling (Christianity)
- Evangelistic work -- Thailand.
- Indigenous church administration -- Thailand.
- International Sustainable Development Studies Institute.
- Mahāwitthayālai Chīang Mai.
- Mental health.
- Mentoring -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Missions -- Bangladesh.
- Missions -- Thailand.
- University of the Nations-Kona.
- Wheaton College (Ill.). Graduate School
- Youth with a Mission, Inc.
- Collection 697 Oral History Interviews with Angkarin Pimpaeng
- Bob Shuster
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script