Oral History Interviews with Thomas A. Clark IV
Scope and Contents
Oral history interviews in which Clark talks about his childhood as a preacher’s kid, racial tensions at the University of Illinois, pastoring African American churches in the Chicago area, outreach to the community, church activities during the 2020 Covid 19 pandemic, mission trips to the Dominican Republic and South Africa. The time period covered in the interviews is 1970s through 2020.
- 2020-10-09 - 2021-04-09
- Clark, Thomas Arthur, IV (1971-) (Person)
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright to the sound recordings in this collection is held by Wheaton College.
3 Sound Recordings
Language of Materials
The materials in this collection were given to the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center Archives by Thomas A. Clark IV in October 2020 and April 2021.
Accession: 20-12, 20-13, 21-11 February 8, 2023 Bob Shuster
- African American churches.
- African American clergy.
- African American leadership.
- African Americans -- Education.
- African Americans -- Missions.
- African Americans -- Religious life.
- African Americans -- Social life and customs.
- African Americans.
- Animism -- South Africa.
- Bright, Herbert Lloyd, Sr. (1941-2022)
- COVID-19 Pandemic, 2020 -- Religious aspects -- Christianity
- Christianity and culture -- South Africa
- Christianity and culture -- United States.
- Chrstianity and culture -- Dominican Republic
- Church development, New -- United States.
- Church growth -- United States.
- Clergy -- Appointment, call, election.
- Clergy -- Job stress.
- Clergy -- Training of -- United States
- Divorce -- Christianity.
- Evangelistic work -- Dominican Republic.
- HIV-positive persons.
- Holy Spirit.
- Light of the World Church (Oak Park, Ill.)
- Mulgwai, T. S.
- Prosperity gospel
- Racism -- United States.
- Rashitanga, Mmbensangi
- United States -- Race relations.
- Visions -- Religious aspects -- Christianity
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Graduate school.
- Witness bearing (Christianity).
- Youth -- United States -- Religious life.
- Youth -- United States -- Societies and clubs.
- Bob Shuster
- February 8, 2023
- Language of description
- Script of description