Collection 158 Records of the United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel: Madagascar Mission
Scope and Contents
The microfilm contains selected pages from the bound correspondence and reports series housed in the U.S.P.G. headquarters in London. It includes all missionary correspondence and reports from Madagascar, and some items concerning Mauritius and the Seychelles Islands. Letters refer to mission work, local customs, and politics. All reels are 35mm, positive copies.
- Created: 1866-1900
Conditions Governing Access
Permission to quote from, publish, or reproduce any material from this microfilm must be secured from:
The ArchivistUnited Society for the Propagation of the Gospel15, Tufton StreetLondon, S.W.1. ENGLAND
Church of England mission organization; formed in 1701 as the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts; renamed following a merger with Universities' Mission to Central Africa, 1965.
4 Reels of microfilm
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The microfilm in this collection was purchased by the Billy Graham Center Archives.
No Accession #
- Evangelistic work -- Madagascar.
- Evangelistic work.
- Great Britain
- Great Britain -- Church history
- Great Britain -- Church history -- 19th century.
- Madagascar -- History.
- Madagascar -- Social life and customs.
- Missions -- Madagascar.
- Missions, British.
- United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts (Great Britain)
- Collection 158 Records of the United Society for the Propagation of the Gospel: Madagascar Mission
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script