Collection 064 Ephemera of Mid-Nineteenth Century Temperance Movement
Scope and Contents
This microfilm collection contains minutes of ten local temperance societies in Michigan, speeches by seven persons active in temperance reform, miscelleanous printed materials, and issues of five temperance periodicals published in New York and Michigan between 1832-1862. The papers contained in this collection are described in detail in the Guide to the Microfilm Edition of Temperance and Prohibition Papers (Ann Arbor, MI: The University of Michigan, 1977), pp. 37-45.
- Created: 1830 - 1875
2 Reels of microfilm
Language of Materials
Additions and Accruals
The microfilm reels in this collection were purchased by the Billy Graham Center Archives.
No Accession number
October 9, 1980
- Alcoholism. -- United States
- Alcoholism. -- United States -- Sources.
- Church and social problems -- United States.
- Church and social problems.
- Mid-Nineteenth Century Temperance Movement.
- Prohibition -- United States -- Societies, etc.
- Prohibition -- United States.
- Temperance -- Societies, etc.
- Temperance -- Societies, etc. -- Michigan.
- Temperance -- Sources.
- Woman's Christian Temperance Union.
- Collection 064 Ephemera of Mid-Nineteenth Century Temperance Movement
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Nineteenth Century Handwriting