Collection 354 Records of the Baptist General Convention
Scope and Contents
Includes minutes dated from 18 May 1814-19 April 1820 as well as Records of the Foreign Missions Managers of the Baptist General Convention, 24 Sept. 1845, with reports on mission activity in Africa, Burma and India. Topics include contents of the constitution, lists of financial gifts, committee members, actions concerning missionaries on the field, letters of resignation, and organizational procedures. Also included are minutes of a meeting of Foreign Missions Managers of the Baptist General Convention, September 24, 1845, called to adopt a new constitution and new name, American Baptist Missionary Union. Included are the Acts of Incorporation, issued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and the minutes of the first meeting of the ABMU. Originals were filmed by Historical Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Created: 1814-1845
0.00 Linear Feet
- Actresses -- United States.
- Actresses -- United States. -- Church history
- Actresses -- United States. -- Church history -- 19th century.
- Baptist Board of Foreign Missions (U.S.)
- Baptist Board of Foreign Missions (U.S.) -- Congresses.
- Baptists -- Congresses.
- Baptists -- History.
- Missions -- Africa.
- Missions -- Burma.
- Missions -- India.
- Collection 354 Records of the Baptist General Convention
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description