Collection 529 Papers of Donald E. White
Scope and Contents
Oral history interview and one folder containing reports, correspondence, and newsletters. Materials describe White’s family background, conversion, education at Moody Bible Institute and Wheaton College, marriage, activities as an Army chaplain's assistant in Germany, and missionary work in Austria for Greater Europe Mission.
Donald E. White was interviewed by Robert Shuster on January 29, 1996, at the Archives of the Billy Graham Center. The events described in the interview cover the time period 1934-1988.
- Created: 1996
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
The copyright to the sound recordings in this collection is held by the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center Archives.
Full Name: Donald E. White
Birth Date: November 11, 1934, Chicago, Illinois
Parents: Ernest F. White and Kathryn Kuklinski [?]
Marital Status: Married Sherry Lee Dausey, 1957
Conversion: At the age of eight
1953-1956 Moody Bible Institute
1956-1958? Wheaton College, Wheaton, Illinois
1960-1963 Wheaton College (B.A.)
1958-1960 Chaplin's assistant in the US Army 1966 - Missionary to Austria with Greater Europe Mission in Baden and Weiner Neustadt
ca. 1974 Ordained at Wheaton Bible Church, Illinois
2 Audio Tapes
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were received by the Billy Graham Center Archives in September 1995 and January 1996 from Donald E. White.
Accession 95-134, 96-9
March 29, 2001
Wayne D. Weber
- Austria -- Religious life and customs.
- Bible -- Study and teaching.
- Chaplains, Military
- Chaplains, Military -- United States.
- Children -- Conversion to Christianity.
- Christian life.
- Christian literature -- Publication and distribution -- Austria.
- Christian literature -- Publication and distribution.
- Christian literature.
- Church development, New -- Austria.
- Church development, New.
- Evangelistic work -- Austria.
- Evangelistic work -- Germany.
- Evangelistic work.
- Greater Europe Mission.
- Lord's Supper.
- Missionaries -- Training of.
- Missionaries -- Appointment, call, and election.
- Missions -- Austria.
- Moody Bible Institute.
- Plymouth Brethren.
- Soldiers -- United States
- Soldiers -- United States -- Religious life.
- Wheaton College (Ill.)
- White, Donald E.,
- White, Sherry.
- Collection 529 Papers of Donald E. White
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script