Small Collection 032 Records of Evangelical Missions Information Service
Identifier: SCN 032
Scope and Contents
Report written by Osborne Buchanan of the National Liberty Foundation on the status and future of the 3-year old Evangelical Missions Information Service. Document summarizes EMIS history and makes recommendations for increasing its usefulness with support from National Liberty Foundation, by developing a research center or provide research services for mission agencies. Report written in response to recommendation of mission executives at Colorado Springs meeting in early 1967.
- Created: 1967
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Evangelical specialized service agency; established in 1964 under the joint efforts of the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association (IFMA) and the Evangelical Foreign Missions Association (EFMA) providing mission executives, missionaries, professors, pastors, laymen, church and school libraries, and overseas church leaders with information service through publications, consultation and overseas workshops.
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives by John Gration in 1977
- Evangelical Foreign Missions Association.
- Evangelical Missions Information Service.
- Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association of North America.
- Interdenominational cooperation.
- Journalism, Religious.
- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation.
- Missions -- Study and teaching.
- Missions -- Theory.
- Small Collection 032 Records of Evangelical Missions Information Service
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script