Small Collection 070 Ephemera of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions
Identifier: SCN 070
Scope and Contents
This collection contains engraved certificates for contributions, biography of missionary of Harriet Newell, historical sketch of mission work in Micronesia, Sunday school exercise on Africa (1917), letter from John and Margaret Miller (missionaries in India), Congregational Home Missionary Society 75th anniversary program booklet, and letter regarding 1848 ABCFM meeting in Boston.
- Created: 1848-1917
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Biographical or Historical Information
First American foreign missions society; founded in 1910; planted churches among Native Americans, in Hawaii and overseas in China, India, Sri Lanka, Japan, Turkey, Syria, southern Africa, several European countries and Micronesia; Bible translation, schools and hospitals were its major emphases.
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives in July 1980 from Wiley R. Anderson, September 1981 from the Book and Tackle Shop, and other unknown dates.
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Africa.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- India.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Micronesia.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Public relations.
- Christian education
- Christian education -- Curricula.
- Newell, Harriet Atwood,
- Sunday schools
- Sunday schools -- Curricula.
- Small Collection 070 Ephemera of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script