Small Collection 066 Papers of Mary Jane Wilson
Identifier: SCN 066
Scope and Contents
This collection contains a letter describing missionaries Daniel Lindley and Henry Venable attempts to establish a mission station in a southern Africa territory under the protection of a tribal chief, local marriage customs, severe drought and impressions of Robert Moffat, Robert Hamilton and Roger Edwards.
- Created: 1836
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Biographical or Historical Information
Missionary with the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions in southern Africa; married Alexander Wilson and had one child, Martha; died in Moseqa in 1836.
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives from Terry Alford of the Manuscript Company of Springfield, Virginia in June 1980.
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- South Africa.
- Evangelistic work -- South Africa.
- Lindley, Daniel,
- Moffat, Robert,
- Moseqa (South Africa)
- Tribes -- South Africa.
- Venable, Henry Isaac.
- Small Collection 066 Papers of Mary Jane Wilson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script