Collection 573 Records of Detroit's Afro-American Mission
Minutes, budgets, proposals, pamphlets, reports, video cassettes, and other material showing the origins of Detroit's Afro-American Mission, Inc., and its activities including Bible clubs for children and adults, special ministries to singles, vacation Bible schools and camps, and the Institute for Biblical Research.
- Created: 1964-1994
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
0.40 Cubic Feet
Biographical or Historical Information
Ministry to African Americans in Detroit, Michigan; founded in 1964; ministries included Sunday schools, Bible classes, special programs for children and singles.
Other Descriptive Information
Related URL: http://www2.wheaton.edu/bgc/archives/guides/573.htm
- African American churches.
- African American clergy.
- African American evangelists.
- African American families.
- African American leadership.
- African Americans
- African Americans -- Religious life.
- African Americans -- Social conditions.
- Baptists -- United States.
- Bible -- Study and teaching.
- Boys -- United States
- Boys -- United States -- Societies and clubs.
- Christian Service Brigade.
- Christian education
- Christian education -- United States.
- Christian education of adults
- Christian education of adults -- Detroit.
- Christian education of children
- Christian education of children -- Detroit.
- Christian education of teenagers
- Christian education of teenagers -- Detroit.
- Christian education, Outdoor
- Christian education, Outdoor -- United States.
- Church work with African Americans
- Church work with African Americans -- Detroit.
- Church work with children
- Church work with children -- Detroit.
- Church work with families
- Church work with families -- Detroit.
- Church work with single people
- Church work with single people -- Detroit.
- Church work with the poor
- Church work with the poor -- Detroit.
- Church work with women
- Church work with women -- Detroit.
- Church work with youth
- Church work with youth -- Detroit.
- Cities and towns
- Cities and towns -- Michigan.
- City missions
- City missions -- Detroit.
- Conversion -- Personal narratives.
- Cross, Haman,
- Cross, Haman.
- Cross, Malettor.
- Detroit (Mich.)
- Detroit's Afro-American Mission, Inc.
- Evangelistic work
- Evangelistic work -- Detroit.
- Girls -- United States
- Girls -- United States -- Societies and clubs.
- Inner cities
- Inner cities -- United States.
- Outdoor recreation for children.
- Parker, Matthew,
- Pioneer Girls.
- Sunday schools
- Sunday schools -- Detroit.
- Vacation schools, Christian.
- Women -- Religious life.
- Women in church work.
- Youth -- United States
- Youth -- United States -- Religious life.
- Youth -- United States -- Societies and clubs.
- Collection 573 Records of Detroit's Afro-American Mission
- Description rules
- Language of description