Collection 091 Records of the Committee to Assist Ministry Education Overseas
Scope and Contents
Correspondence, minutes, reports, monographs, financial records, mailing lists, questionnaires, and photographs related to the origin and activity of CAMEO.
Subjects covered include theological education in developing countries throughout the world, programmed learning, a self-evaluation program for institutions, Theological Education by Extension (TEE), education of prospective pastors and Christian workers, IFMA and EFMA as the sponsoring bodies of CAMEO and activities of US-based mission agencies. Questionnaires returned from hundreds of institutions on priorities, staff methods, future plans, accrediation, etc; responses were later published as THE WORLD DIRECTORY OF MISSION-RELATED EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS. Featured correspondents include Ted Ward, Ralph Winter, Fred Holland, Sam Rowen, Delbert Kuehl, Milton Baker, C. Peter Wagner, Philip Armstrong and CAMEO's leaders such as Raymond Buker, Sr., Lois McKinney, and H. Wilbert Norton.
- Created: 1956-1991
- Other: Majority of material found in 1964-1975
Conditions Governing Access
Biographical or Historical Information
Evangelical mission support agency; founded in 1964 as a joint committee of the Evangelical Foreign Missions Association (EFMA) and the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association (IFMA) to provide liaison with and communication to mission-related educational institutions, primarily in developing countries throughout the world; later emphasis shifted to helping develop indigenous seminaries and Bible schools in developing countries; committee board membership evenly divided between EFMA and IFMA; subcommittees addressed specific aspects of educational policy; circulated resources on theological education and programmed learning; leadership provided by Raymond B. Buker, Sr. (1967-1975), John Gilmore (1975-1978), Lois McKinney (1978-1982), and H. Wilbert Norton (1982-1989); renamed Committee to Assist Ministry Education Overseas, 1978; dissolved in 1991; also known by its acronym, CAMEO.
22.10 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Other Descriptive Information
Related URL: http://www2.wheaton.edu/bgc/archives/guides/091.htm
- Armstrong, Philip E. (Philip Edward), 1919-1981.
- Baker, Milton G. (Milton Grafly), 1899-1976.
- Bible colleges.
- Buker, Raymond B., 1899-1992.
- Christian education -- Curricula.
- Christian education -- Philosophy.
- Christian education.
- Church and education.
- Church schools
- Church schools -- Africa.
- Church schools -- Asia.
- Church schools -- Caribbean.
- Church schools -- Central America.
- Church schools -- Europe.
- Church schools -- Middle East.
- Church schools -- North America.
- Church schools -- Oceania.
- Church schools -- South America.
- Committee to Assist Missionary Education Overseas.
- Evangelical Foreign Missions Association.
- Holland, Fred.
- Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association of North America.
- Interdenominational cooperation.
- Kuehl, Delbert.
- McKinney, Lois.
- Missions -- Educational work.
- Missions -- Africa.
- Missions -- Asia.
- Missions -- Caribbean Area.
- Missions -- Central America.
- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation.
- Missions -- Middle East.
- Missions -- North America.
- Missions -- Oceania.
- Missions -- South America.
- Missions -- Study and teaching.
- Missions -- Theory.
- Non-formal education.
- Norton, Hugo Wilbert,
- Programmed instruction.
- Religious institutions.
- Rowen, Samuel F.
- Seminary extension.
- Theological seminaries.
- Theology -- Study and teaching -- Asia.
- Wagner, C. Peter.
- Ward, Ted Warren,
- Collection 091 Records of the Committee to Assist Ministry Education Overseas
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Evangelism & Missions Archives Repository
501 College Avenue
Wheaton IL 60187 US