Richard Crabb Papers
Scope and Contents
The collection comprises mostly book manuscripts along with correspondence, research and reviews relating to various book projects. The collection also contains secondary material with biographical material. There are several boxes that await fuller description.
- Created: 1942-2014
- Other: Majority of material found in 1947-1982
- Other: Date acquired: 1988
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
16 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
The collection was the personal gift of Richard Crabb in 1988.
Other Descriptive Information
The Richard Crabb Papers highlights the publishing efforts of a journalist and author. He authored works on hybrid corn, exploration and settlement of the upper-Midwest and Northwest, the American auto industry, and the radio career of C. Everett Mitchell.
- Automobile industry and trade.
- Corn -- Breeding.
- Corn -- History -- United States.
- Crabb, A. Richard (Alexander Richard), 1911- -- Manuscripts.
- Hybrid corn.
- Mitchell, Everett.
- National farm and home hour (Radio Program)
- Platte River (Neb.)
- Radio broadcasters
- Radio broadcasters -- United States -- Biography.
- Wheaton (Ill.) -- History.
- Richard Crabb Papers
- Buswell Library Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script
Part of the Buswell Library Special Collections Repository
501 College Ave.
Wheaton IL 60187-5593 USA