Col. V.A. Pashkov Papers
Scope and Contents
The Vasili Alexandrovich Pashkov papers are arranged into 5 series (Literary, Correspondence, Written Documents, News Clippings and Secondary) and occupy 187 microfiche.
Approximately 75% of the collection is composed of correspondence, in Russian, French, German, and English, from 1874 to 1901. General correspondence to Pashkov is arranged chronologically, while letters from prominent correspondents are filed in separate series. Letters from Pashkov are found in letter books (1884-85, 1885-87, 1887-89, and 1895 97) as well as a set of "unbound" letters.
Also included in the papers, are newsclippings and other published and unpublished documents.
- Created: 1874-2000
- Other: Majority of material found in 1874-1909
- Other: Date acquired: 1989
- Pashkov, Vasili Alexandrovich. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
2 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Technical Access Requirements
Access to this collection requires the use of a microfiche reader.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Microfiche copies of the Pashkov Papers represents a joint effort by the University of Birmingham, England and several American institutions, including Wheaton College, to ensure the preservation of the materials. Wheaton College provided funds for processing the collection in exchange for a microfiche copy of the collection, which was received in 1989.
Other Descriptive Information
The Pashkov Papers (writings, correspondence, newsclippings) are microfiche copies of the originals held by the University of Birmingham, England. The papers were arranged by personnel of the University of Birmingham Library and occupy 187 microfiche.
- Baedeker, Frederick V.
- Bonch-Bruevich, Vladimir, 1873-1955.
- Christian sects -- Russia.
- Christian sects.
- Clippings Files
- Dillon, Emile Joseph, 1855-1933.
- Guinness, H. Grattan (Henry Grattan), 1835-1910.
- Pavlov, Vasily Gur'evich
- Pobedonostsev, Konstantin Petrovich, 1827-1907
- Prokhanov, I.S. (Ivan Stepanovich), 1869-1935
- Radstock, Granville Waldegrave, Baron, 1833-1913
- Ratushnyi, Mikhail T.
- Soviet Union -- Religion.
- Union Council of Evangelical Christians.
- Col. V.A. Pashkov Papers
- Buswell Library Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script