Luci Shaw Papers
Scope and Contents
The Luci Shaw Collection includes the papers of Luci Deck Shaw Hoyte. Luci Shaw, her professional name, is an accomplished poet, essayist, and teacher. Included in the papers of this poet and publishing executive are correspondence, manuscripts, and published works. Her papers comprise 39 linear feet of material.
Correspondence includes personal, family, as well as professional and business. The various correspondence cover the years of 1922 to the present, with the earliest being between Luci Shaw's missionary parents and Dr. and Mrs. Northcote Deck. Dr. Deck was also the author of several books. This series comprise the bulk of the collection.
Typescripts, drafts, and proof pages display her writing at various stages of completion. This manuscript section spans several feet and constitutes the second largest portion of the collection.
- Created: 1922-2020
- Other: Majority of material found in 1969-2005
- Other: Date acquired: 1991
- Shaw, Luci. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Access to journals is restricted to those researchers possessing written permission from Luci Shaw.
Conditions Governing Use
Duplication may be restricted if copying could cause damage to items.
39 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged by series with folder level control.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Luci Shaw papers were received by donation to Wheaton College beginning in 1991.
Other Descriptive Information
The Luci Shaw Collection houses the personal and professional papers of Luci Deck Shaw Hoyte. Luci Shaw, her professional name, is an accomplished and widely published poet and author. She was co-founder of Harold Shaw Publishing, later becoming president of the firm.
- Bible stories, English -- O.T. Genesis.
- Bible. O.T. Genesis.
- Christian life.
- Christian literature -- Authorship.
- Christian poetry, American.
- Christianity and literature.
- Christianity and the arts.
- Christmas -- Meditations.
- Deck, Northcote, 1875-1957 -- Correspondence.
- Deck, Northcote, 1875-1957.
- L'Engle, Madeleine -- Correspondence.
- L'Engle, Madeleine -- Friends and associates.
- Poets -- United States -- Correspondence.
- Shaw, Luci -- Correspondence.
- Spiritual life -- Literary collections.
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- Women authors, American -- Biography.
- Women authors, American.
- Shaw, Luci. (Person)
- Luci Shaw Papers
- Buswell Library Special Collections Staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script
Part of the Buswell Library Special Collections Repository
501 College Ave.
Wheaton IL 60187-5593 USA