Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Identifier: CN 020
Scope and Contents Correspondence, photographs, reports, publications, posters, minutes of meetings, and other documentation of Herbert J. Taylor's long involvement in the leadership of such organizations as Child Evangelism, Youth for Christ, Christian Service Brigade, Pioneer Girls, Young Life, National Association of Evangelicals, Fuller Seminary, Christian Workers Foundation, and Inter-Varsity as well as his role in the planning and development of Billy Graham's Chicago crusades and of Key '73. Other records...
Dates: Created: 1916-1979
Identifier: CN 086
Scope and Contents Collection contains correspondence, audiotapes, photographs, financial reports, slides, blueprints, and memos related to the activities of International Christian Broadcasting's (originally the World Conference on Mission Radio) work to promote interest in Christian broadcasting and to support and encourage Protestant Christian radio and television broadcasters, largely engaged in evangelism.Materials include data on the International Communications Congress in Tokyo (1970), Muslim...
Dates: Created: 1937-1978; Other: Majority of material found in 1937-1978
Identifier: CN 111
Scope and Contents Correspondence, minutes, reports, manuals, and other records documenting Charles Troutman's career in Christian ministry among university students, first with Inter-Varsity in the United States and Australia and then with Latin America Mission. This collection also contains a great deal of information on evangelical Christianity in the United States, Australia and Latin America; Troutman's letters from his service in the Pacific in World War II; and reports and other information relative to the...
Dates: Created: 1924-1991
Scope and Contents Oral history interviews, photographs, and prayer letters relating to the ministry of Marian Gold Chapman, a missionary with Latin America Mission in Cartagena, Colombia (1957-1975); Bogota, New Jersey (1975-1977), and Coral Gables, Florida (1977-1979).
Dates: Created: 1980, 1995
Scope and Contents The papers of Donald and Mary McGavran include correspondence (personal and business), class lectures, manuscripts of books and articles, newspaper clippings, statistics, maps, reference materials, financial records, documents gathered to study church growth in different parts of the world, photographs, audio tapes, and videos. They document a wide variety of different topics, but are particularly strong for three areas: the McGavrans' family life, their work in India as missionaries, and,...
Dates: Created: 1906-2000
Identifier: CN 180
Scope and Contents Diaries, correspondence, scrapbook, travel documents, oral history interview, sermons and other materials documenting Carl Armerding's career and ministry, especially his work as a Bible teacher, preacher, and leader of Central American Mission.Interview topics covered include Armerding's family background, education, recollections of Billy Sunday, Gipsy Smith, Henry Ironside and Will Houghton, missions and evangelism in Honduras and the Bahamas, speaking engagements, teaching (at...
Dates: Created: 1903-1987
Identifier: CN 218
Scope and Contents Correspondence, press releases, minutes, financial statements, reports, and photographs documenting the activities of the Evangelical Mission Information Service (EMIS), the publications arm of both the Evangelical Foreign Missions Association and the Interdenominational Foreign Missions Association. Activities documented include the publication of several mission periodicals, including Evangelical Missions Quarterly and Missionary News Service; organization of missionary conferences and...
Dates: Created: 1964-1981
Identifier: CN 324
Scope and Contents Correspondence, reports, minutes, press releases, planning and financial records, and manuscripts of Congress presentations (primarily in Spanish). Files in this collection were those of Clyde Taylor, executive secretary of the Evangelical Foreign Mission Association at the time of the Congress. Items document early planning and securing subsidy funding from the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, travel arrangements, and daily reports from the Congress. Texts of Congress messages by...
Dates: Created: 1951-1975; Other: Majority of material found in 1968-1970
Identifier: CN 349
Scope and Contents Collection includes correspondence, reports, sermons, memos, minutes of meetings, clippings, photographs, videotapes, slides, and other materials relating to the career of mission executive Clarence W. Jones. The materials deal mainly with his work at the Chicago Gospel Tabernacle and the growth and development of the organization he helped found, the World Radio Missionary Fellowship, and especially its primary broadcasting station, HCJB in Ecuador. There is also an extensive amount of...
Dates: Created: 1915-1986
Scope and Contents Correspondence, form letters, financial and statistical reports, minutes, memos and promotional material related to IFMA administration and its service to its member missions.The files on IFMA members and numerous other Christian agencies predominate. Also includes series of maps of Latin American countries identifying nondenominational and denominational mission activity. Numerous mission-related subjects are documented. Persons prominently featured include Jack Frizen, Billy...
Dates: Created: 1934-1983, n.d.
Identifier: CN 355
Scope and Contents Correspondence, academic papers, clippings, reports, films, videos, and other materials relating to Orr’s life as an evangelist active around the world and as a professor and historian of spiritual awakenings (revivals) and evangelism. The collection is an excellent source on Protestant Evangelicalism as a global movement in the twentieth century.
Dates: Created: 1907-1993; Majority of material found in 1933-1987
Identifier: CN 423
Scope and Contents Oral history interviews with Rodrigo Chavarria (1956-2015) in which he discusses his childhood in Costa Rica, his conversion to Christianity; spiritual development; his theological education in Costa Rica and the United States; relations between Protestants and Catholics in Costa Rica; relations between the church and the state; Pentecostalism in Costa Rica; liberation theology; and evangelical institutions in Costa Rica. Other topics include a discussion of Escuela des Estudios Pastorales...
Dates: Created: 1989
Identifier: CN 473
Scope and Contents Oral historyinterviews with Clayton L. Berg, known as "Mike," former missionary, educator and president of Latin America Mission. Topics discussed include Berg's youth, family, conversion, education (including Wheaton Grad School), youth pastorate at Western Springs church, marriage and family, language training at Spanish Language Institute, Hogar Biblico, teaching and administration at the Latin America Biblical Seminary iin Costa Rica, administration of LAM's Education Division, training...
Dates: Created: 1993
Identifier: CN 475
Scope and Contents Oral history interview with W. Scott Nyborg in which he describes his childhood, work with High School Evangelism Fellowship; the 1957 Billy Graham New York Crusade; the Sermons from Science exhibit at the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair; Office of Worldwide Evangelism-in-Depth (OWED) for Latin America Mission; In-Depth Evangelism Associates (IDEA); Reality Seminars with Latin America Mission; Christ for the City-Miami; co-workers Ruben Lores, Rene Padilla, Orlando Costas and John Huffman;...
Dates: Created: 1993
Identifier: CN 484
Scope and Contents Four oral history interviews, paper records, and photographs documenting David Howard's life and work with Latin American Mission, InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, and World Evangelical Fellowship. Topics covered in the interviews include Howard's childhood, Christian faith, education at Wheaton College, work as a missionary and administrator with Latin America Mission; missions director for Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, director of the 1980 Consultation on World Evangelization; and...
Dates: Created: 1968-1993
Identifier: CN 668
Scope and Contents Oral history interviews with Esdras Krebsky in which he describes his upbringing, ministry education in Brazil and the United States, Evangelicalism in Brazil, the nature of camp ministry, his experiences as a camp director, Christian Camping International, reflections on the church in Brazil, dealing with allegations of child abuse in camp ministry.Esdras Krebsky was interviewed by Bob Shuster on January 6 and 13, 2012 in the offices of the Wheaton College Billy Graham Center...
Identifier: CN 688
Scope and Contents Oral history interview and articles by Paul Borthwick, a minister, and leader in the Short-Term Mission (STM) and in development ministry. In the interview Borthwick discusses his childhood in Massachusetts, involvement with Grace Chapel, his conversion and growth in Christian faith, his own early involvement with the Short Term Missions movement (STM), the development of STM in the United States and other countries; evaluation of the movement. The collection also contains dozens of articles...
Dates: 1980-2015; Majority of material found in 1980-2012
Identifier: CN 707
Scope and Contents Oral history interviews with Douglas W. Stewart in which he describes his ministry with the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) in South and Central America and InterVarsity Christian Fellowship from 1963-1991. Topics discussed include Stewart’s family background, spiritual growth, education at Colombia Bible College and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, leadership, roles, and structure of IFES, political, social, and religious context in South and Central America, gender...
- Names: Latin America Mission. X
- Evangelistic work 15
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions 7
- Religious institutions. 7
- Catholic Church. 6
- Evangelistic work -- Africa. 6
- Evangelistic work -- Congresses. 6
- Pentecostalism. 6
- Church and state 5
- College students in missionary work. 5
- Evangelicalism 5
- Evangelistic work -- United States. 5
- Liberation theology. 5
- Missionaries 5
- Missions 5
- Catholic Church. -- Protestant churches. 4
- Christian literature 4
- Church and social problems. 4
- Conversion. 4
- Ecumenical movement. 4
- Evangelicalism -- United States. 4
- Evangelicalism. 4
- Evangelistic work -- Australia. 4
- Evangelistic work -- Brazil. 4
- Evangelistic work -- Central America. 4
- Evangelistic work -- Japan. 4
- Evangelistic work -- New Zealand. 4
- Evangelistic work -- North America. 4
- Evangelistic work -- Philosophy. 4
- Evangelistic work -- South America. 4
- Indigenous church administration 4
- Missionaries -- Appointment, call, and election. 4
- Persecution 4
- Radio in missionary work. 4
- Women in missionary work. 4
- Bible 3
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Colombia. 3
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Latin America. 3
- Christian leadership. 3
- Christian life. 3
- Christian literature -- Publication and distribution 3
- Christianity and culture. 3
- Church growth 3
- Church growth. 3
- Church work with students 3
- Church. 3
- Church. -- Biblical teaching. 3
- City missions 3
- College students 3
- Communication 3
- Communication -- Religious aspects. 3
- Education 3
- Evangelistic work -- Asia. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Canada. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Caribbean Area. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Europe. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Great Britain. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Guatemala. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Latin America. 3
- Evangelistic work -- Mexico. 3
- Indigenous church administration. 3
- Journalism, Religious. 3
- Mass media in missionary work. 3
- Mass media in religion 3
- Mass media in religion. 3
- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation. 3
- Missions -- South America. 3
- Missions -- Study and teaching. 3
- Missions to Muslims. 3
- Organizational change 3
- Radio in religion. 3
- Television in religion. 3
- Theology 3
- Women 3
- Women -- Religious life. 3
- Youth 3
- Actresses -- United States. 2
- African Americans 2
- Bible -- Study and teaching. 2
- Catholic Church -- Relations -- Protestant churches. 2
- Children of missionaries. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Africa. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Asia. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Congresses. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Educational work. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Europe. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Honduras. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Mexico. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- South America. 2
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions. 2
- Christian education 2
- Christian education -- Philosophy. 2
- Church and social problems 2
- Church and state -- United States. 2
- Church development, New. 2
- Church growth -- Central America. 2
- Church work with students -- United States. 2
- College students -- United States 2
- College students -- United States -- Religious life. 2
- Colombia 2 ∧ less