Showing Collections: 1 - 50 of 103
Alzina Stone Dale Collection
The Alzina Stone Dale Collection includes materials relating to her work on Dorothy L. Sayers, including the 1993 Sayers Centenary celebration, the Thrones, Dominations book publishing project, the writing of Maker and Craftsman: The Story of Dorothy L. Sayers (a Sayers biography), and a diverse range of correspondence.
And God Came In / A Love Observed Archive
Anne Ridler Collection
The Anne Ridler Collection contains correspondence and other documents relating to the life and work of Anne Ridler, poetess, playwright, and editor. Materials in the collection are primarily focused on Charles Williams.
Arthur Greeves Diaries Collection
This archive contains the daily diary entries of Arthur Greeves from 1917-1922.
Author Societies Archive
The materials in this archive relate to groups and societies dedicated to promoting the works and lives of the seven authors in the Wade Center's collections.
Barbara Reynolds Papers
This archive includes professional and personal documents relating to the life and work of Barbara Reynolds. Dr. Reynolds is a noted scholar of Dante, Italian studies, and Dorothy L. Sayers.
Barfield Library Publications and Inserts Archive
Publications and inserts from the personal library of Owen Barfield.
Brocard Sewell Collection
Busman’s Honeymoon Collection
This archive contains fan correspondence and theater returns from the play version of "Busman's Honeymoon" written by Dorothy L. Sayers and Muriel St. Clare Byrne.
Chad Walsh Papers
This archive contains Chad Walsh's personal letters to and from C.S. Lewis and Joy Davidman, as well as correspondence between Chad Walsh and others on the subject of the Lewis family. Correspondence relating to Walsh's book, C.S. Lewis: Apostle to the Skeptics (New York: Macmillan, 1949), is also included.
Change Ringing Archive
Change ringing serves as the backdrop for Dorothy L. Sayers's novel The Nine Tailors. This archive contains miscellaneous materials related to the practice of change ringing, among them pamphlets, brochures, and periodicals.
Christopher W. Mitchell Papers
This archive includes papers from the career of Christopher W. Mitchell, who served as the third director of the Marion E. Wade Center from 1994 to 2013.
Colin Duriez Papers
This archive contains a typescript sampling the contents of The C.S. Lewis Handbook (Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Book House, 1990), given by Colin Duriez.
C.S. Lewis: Images of His World Archive
C.S. Lewis Testimonies Archive
This archive contains letters and emails responding to three separate surveys done in 1986, 1996, and 2014 regarding the influence of C.S. Lewis.
David Coomes Papers
This archive includes a typescript of the book Dorothy L. Sayers: A Careless Rage for Life, and is a gift of David Coomes.
Detection Club Archive
Contained within this archive are Dorothy L. Sayers's own materials relating to her membership and secretarial duties to The Detection Club. These materials include stationery, list of members, and club constitution. G.K. Chesterton was also a member of the Club.
Detection Notes Collection by Dorothy L. Sayers
This collection features various documents relating to Sayers's research in the areas of crime and detection, including notes from real criminal trials and detection techniques.
Don Giovanni Calabria Collection
A selection of various materials relating to Don Giovanni Calabria of Verona, Italy (1873-1954), who corresponded with C.S. Lewis in Latin from 1947 to 1954.
Donald Swann Collection
The Donald Swann archive includes articles, reviews, publicity items and other materials related to Swann and his works.
Dorothy L. Collection
Dorothy L." is a biographical one-woman play written by Catherine Kenny about Dorothy L. Sayers. This collection contains materials relating to the 1995 Oxford performance of "Dorothy L.," and the 1996 Wheaton College performance of the play.
Dorothy L. Sayers Centenary Archive
This archive contains materials relating to the centenary of the birth of Dorothy L. Sayers (1893-1957) in 1993. Items included are schedules and programs from related events as well as newspaper clippings regarding the centenary.
Dorothy L. Sayers Diary Collection
This collection contains a series of diaries (personal day planners) belonging to Dorothy L. Sayers.
Dorothy L. Sayers Library Inserts Archive
The items contained within this archive were found between the pages of the books in Dorothy L. Sayers's personal library, and/or annotations from the books.
Dorothy L. Sayers Notebook Collection
This archive contains 11 notebooks with notes in several languages by Dorothy L. Sayers. A wide variety of topics are covered, but most of the material relates to Dante Alighieri and his works.
Dorothy L. Sayers Press Cuttings Archive
This archive contains articles and ephemera which were in the possession of Dorothy L. Sayers, relating to her and her work.
Douglas and Merrie Gresham Family Archive
This archive of the Gresham Family contains manuscript material by family members and background information.
E.R. Gregory Papers
The Gregory Collection contains manuscripts, proofs, photographs, correspondence and other papers concerned with the book Wilkie Collins by Dorothy L. Sayers, ed. by Dr. Gregory (Toledo: The Friends of the Univ. of Toledo Libraries, 1977). Copyright resides with Dr. Gregory.
Events File Archive
This archive includes materials from various events related to the Wade authors, including dramatic performances, conferences, academic courses, exhibitions, etc. More additions may be included in this archive at any time.
Fleming / Sayers Culinary Papers
This archive contains a proof copy of Atherton (Mac) Fleming's book Gourmet's Book of Food and Drink, and additional recipes and notes relating to culinary topics by both Mac and Dorothy L. Sayers.
Future of the Jews Collection
This archive contains unpublished contributions by Dorothy L. Sayers for the 1944 symposium on "The Future of the Jews," as well as extensive correspondence and publications relating to the topic.
G.B. Tennyson Papers
This archive contains original material by Owen Barfield, correspondence, and photographs from the personal papers of G.B. Tennyson, joint-literary executor for the estate of Owen Barfield.
Geoffrey Bles Publishers Archive
This archive contains business correspondence and miscellanea relating to Geoffrey Bles, the publisher of various works by C.S. Lewis.
George Sayer Manuscripts Collection
This archive includes the manuscript and typescript of an unpublished essay by Sayer called "On C.S. Lewis." Also included is the typescript of The Celestial Search: C.S. Lewis, His Life and Work by Sayer (later titled Jack: C.S. Lewis and his Times - 1988 ed., and Jack: A Life of C.S. Lewis - 1994 ed.).
G.K. Chesterton: Selected Criticism Archive
This archive is the result of the work of Sister M. Carol A.C., of India. The self-bound book is almost 500 pages long and an extremely complete gathering of Chesterton's literary criticism. It was Sister M. Carol's hope that this would someday be published.
Glenn Sadler Collection
The materials in this archive include publications, correspondence, illustrations, and other items relating to Glenn Sadler's research on the artist, Arthur Hughes (1832-1915), who served as the illustrator for many of George MacDonald's published works. Also included: a set of corrected proofs for Thomas Wingfold, Curate by George MacDonald.
Grevel Lindop Collection
This collection comprises of research materials used by Grevel Lindop while writing his biography of Charles Williams titled Charles Williams: The Third Inkling (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015). Lindop provided an inventory of the materials, which is referenced throughout the finding aid to note original file locations.
Greville MacDonald Papers
This archive contains letters and documents relating to Greville Matheson MacDonald (1856-1944), the son of George MacDonald.
He That Should Come Archive
The He That Should Come archive contains materials relating to the religious play of the same title by Dorothy L. Sayers, including printed copies of the play and correspondence.
Irita Kutchmy Collection
James Burleson Dissertation Research Papers
This archive contains James Burleson's correspondence with Ann Bowden, Muriel St. Clare Byrne, Charles Dywer, Marion Fairman, Anthony Fleming, Livia Gollancz, Marjorie Mead, Barbara Reynolds, James Sandoe, and Armitage Watkins regarding his dissertation. Also included are two pages of Burleson's dissertation titled: A Study of the Novels of Dorothy L. Sayers. (Wade Call no.: PR6037.A95 Z6258 1965 Diss.)
Jeanne Clayton Hunter Collection
A collection of Barfield correspondence, poems, manuscripts, publications, and other related materials from Professor Jeanne Clayton Hunter.
Joe R. Christopher Publications Archive
Publications containing bibliographies and other materials relating to the Wade authors by Joe R. Christopher.
Joel D. Heck Collection
Correspondence between Joel Heck and students or colleagues of C.S. Lewis in preparation for his book: Irrigating Deserts: C.S. Lewis on Education. Included in the correspondence are the Magdalen tutorial lists from 1926 to 1954, students' lecture notes, an essay, a diary, newspaper clippings concerning Lewis and a brochure about the play Shadowlands.
John Sullivan Collection
This archive contains materials from the Chesterton collection of John J. Sullivan, and other personal interests of his. Included is a large variety of newspaper clippings, correspondence, book catalogs, Chesterton-related events materials, and secondary critical work on Chesterton by Sullivan and others, both published and unpublished. Many materials were removed from this archive and incorporated into the Wade Center's Chesterton holdings.
Joy Davidman Papers
This collection contains correspondence, personal papers, and poetry and prose written by Joy Davidman. A few documents also relate to her first husband Bill Gresham, her sons David and Douglas Gresham, and her second husband C.S. Lewis. These materials are on deposit as an extended loan courtesy of Douglas Gresham.
KJ Gilchrist Collection
This archive contains materials from KJ Gilchrist relating to research for his book on C.S. Lewis and World War I, A Morning after War (New York: Peter Lang Publishing, Inc., 2005). Also included in the archive are several pieces of WWI memorabilia / artifacts, gathered by Dr. Gilchrist near locations where C.S. Lewis served.
Letters to Children Archive
The book Letters to Children, edited by Lyle W. Dorsett and Marjorie Lamp Mead, was published in 1985. It is a collection of some of Lewis' many letters to children over the years, particularly relating to the Narnia Chronicles but also full of personal advice and goodwill. These papers represent Dorsett and Mead's working papers.
Lewis Library Inserts Archive
The items contained in this archive were found between the pages of the books in C.S. Lewis' personal library. A list and photocopies of some of the handwritten annotations in the books are also included.
Lindskoog Christianity and Literature Article Archive
This archive contains correspondence pertaining to the publication of the article "Some Problems in C.S. Lewis Scholarship" by Kathryn Lindskoog in the journal Christianity and Literature (27:4, Summer 1978). Also included are copies of the article and response letters that were published. Gift of J.H. Timmerman.
- Repository: Marion E. Wade Center X
- Sayers, Dorothy L. -- Archives. 36
- Lewis, C. S. -- Archives. 17
- Proofs. 13
- Williams, Charles, -- Archives. 11
- Sayers, Dorothy L. -- Correspondence. 10
- Barfield, Owen, -- Archives. 7
- Lewis, C. S. -- Friends and associates. 6
- Chesterton, G. K. -- Archives. 5
- Lewis, C. S. -- Correspondence. 5
- Lewis, W. H. -- Archives. 5
- MacDonald, George, -- Archives. 4
- Tolkien, J. R. R. -- Archives. 4
- Wimsey, Peter, Lord (Fictitious character) 4
- Authors, English. 3
- Byrne, M. St. Clare -- Archives. 3
- Davidman, Joy -- Correspondence. 3
- Dorsett, Lyle W. -- Archives. 3
- Lewis, C. S. -- Family. 3
- Sayers, Dorothy L. -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc. 3
- Barfield, Owen, -- Correspondence. 2
- Davidman, Joy -- Archives. 2
- Davidman, Joy -- Family. 2
- Gresham, William Lindsay, -- Archives. 2
- Gresham, William Lindsay, -- Correspondence. 2
- Kilby, Clyde S. -- Archives. 2
- Lewis, C. S. -- Influence. 2
- Lewis, W. H. -- Correspondence. 2
- Lewis, W. H. -- Diaries. 2
- Lindskoog, Kathryn Ann -- Correspondence. 2
- Radio plays. 2
- Sayers, Dorothy L. -- Family. 2
- Sayers, Dorothy L. -- Photograph collections. 2
- Shideler, Mary McDermott -- Archives. 2
- Tolkien, J. R. R. -- Societies, etc. 2
- Vanauken, Sheldon -- Correspondence. 2
- Wheaton College (Ill.). -- Archives. 2
- Williams, Charles, -- Correspondence. 2
- Williams, Charles, -- Family. 2
- Williams, Charles, -- Friends and associates. 2
- Williams, Charles, -- Societies, etc. -- Archives. 2
- Wimsey, Peter, Lord (Fictitious character) -- Drama. 2
- A.A. grapevine 1
- Aldwinckle, Stella -- Archives. 1
- Aldwinckle, Stella -- Correspondence. 1
- Aldwinckle, Stella -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc. 1
- Antimalarials 1
- Antimalarials -- Therapeutic use. 1
- Apotheosis in literature. 1
- Atonement 1
- Atonement -- Drama. 1
- Authors and publishers -- Great Britain 1
- Authors and publishers -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Authors and publishers -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Authors and publishers. 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century -- Biography. 1
- Authors, English -- Homes and haunts 1
- Authors, English -- Homes and haunts -- Great Britain. 1
- Barfield, Owen, -- Personal papers. 1
- Barfield, Owen, -- Photograph collections. 1
- Barfield, Owen, -- Societies, etc. 1
- Barfield, Owen, -- Societies, etc. -- Archives. 1
- Book clubs (Bookselling) 1
- Book clubs (Bookselling) -- History 1
- Book clubs (Bookselling) -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Burleson, James Bernard -- Correspondence. 1
- Calabria, Giovanni, -- Archives. 1
- Calabria, Giovanni, -- Correspondence. 1
- Catholic Church -- Italy -- Clergy 1
- Catholic Church -- Italy -- Clergy -- Biography. 1
- Catholic Church. -- Italy. 1
- Chad Walsh, -- Archives. 1
- Chad Walsh, -- Correspondence. 1
- Change ringing. 1
- Chesterton, Cecil, -- Archives. 1
- Chesterton, Cecil, -- Correspondence. 1
- Chesterton, G. K. -- Illustrations. 1
- Chesterton, G. K. -- Societies, etc. 1
- Chesterton, G. K. -- Societies, etc. -- Archives. 1
- Children -- Correspondence. 1
- Children. 1
- Christianity 1
- Christianity -- Philosophy. 1
- Christopher, Joe R. -- Archives. 1
- Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian (Motion picture) 1
- Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian (Motion picture) -- Archives. 1
- Chronicles of Narnia, the voyage of the Dawn Treader (Motion picture) 1
- Chronicles of Narnia, the voyage of the Dawn Treader (Motion picture) -- Archives. 1
- College teaching 1
- College teaching -- England 1
- College teaching -- England -- History 1
- College teaching -- England -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Correspondence 1
- Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.) 1
- Dale, Alzina Stone, -- Correspondence. 1
- Davidman, Joy -- Drama. 1
- Detective and mystery stories, English 1
- Detective and mystery stories, English -- Authorship. 1
- Drama festivals 1
- Drama festivals -- Canterbury. 1 ∧ less
- Sayers, Dorothy L. (Sayers, Dorothy Leigh) 40
- Lewis, C. S. (Lewis, Clive Staples) 32
- Williams, Charles 11
- Tolkien, J.R.R. 8
- Barfield, Owen. (1898-1997) 7
- Chesterton, G. K. (1874-1936) 6
- Davidman, Helen Joy. 5
- Lewis, W. H. (Warren Hamilton) 5
- MacDonald, George 5
- Byrne, M. St. Clare (Muriel St. Clare), 1895- 3
- Dorsett, Lyle W. 3
- Kilby, Clyde S. 3
- Tolkien Societies 3
- Dale, Alzina Stone., 1931- 2
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321. 2
- Gresham, Douglas H., 1945- 2
- Gresham, William Lindsay, 1909-1962. 2
- Jesus Christ. 2
- Lindskoog, Kathryn Ann. (1934-2003) 2
- Sayer, George. 2
- Shideler, Mary McDemott. 2
- Vanauken, Sheldon 2
- Wheaton College (Ill.) 2
- Adams, W. F. 1
- Aldwinckle, Stella, 1907-1989. 1
- Barfield Societies. 1
- Benson, Richard Meux, 1824-1915. 1
- Burleson, James. 1
- Calabria, Giovanni, Saint (1873-1954) 1
- Canterbury Folk Festival (Music festival) 1
- Carol, Sister M. 1
- Catholic Church. 1
- Charles Williams Society. 1
- Chesterton Societies. 1
- Chesterton, Cecil Edward. (1879-1918) 1
- Christopher, Joe R. 1
- Collins, Wilkie, 1824-1889. 1
- Coomes, David. 1
- Dean, Christopher, 1932- 1
- Detection Club. 1
- Duriez, Colin. 1
- Fleming, Mac, 1881-1950. 1
- Friends of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Great Britain) 1
- Geoffrey Bles (Firm) 1
- Gilbert, Douglas R., 1942- 1
- Gilchrist, K. J., 1959- 1
- Green, Roger Lancelyn. 1
- Greeves, Arthur, 1895-1966. 1
- Gregory, E. R. 1
- Gresham, Merrie. 1
- Griffin, William. 1
- Guillaume de Sens, 1
- Hamish Hamilton Ltd. 1
- Havard, R. E. (Robert Emlyn), 1901-1985. 1
- Heck, Joel D., 1948- 1
- Hein, Rolland. 1
- Hooper, Walter. 1
- Hughes, Arthur, 1832-1915. 1
- Hunt, Raymond. 1
- Hunter, Jeanne Clayton, 1925- 1
- Kenney, Catherine McGehee, 1948- 1
- Knecht, William L., 1928- 1
- Kranidas, Thomas. 1
- Kutchmy, Irita. 1
- Lamb, Lynton. 1
- Lang-Sims, Lois 1
- Lewis Societies 1
- Lichfield Cathedral 1
- Lindop, Grevel 1
- Lynx, J. J., 1
- MacDonald Societies 1
- MacDonald, Greville Matheson 1
- Mackey, Aidan. 1
- Mitchell, Christopher W. 1
- Multi-Author Societies 1
- Oxford University Socratic Club 1
- Payne, Tony. 1
- Peterson, Randy. 1
- Pitter, Ruth, 1
- Religious Drama Society of Great Britain 1
- Reynolds, Barbara (Reynolds, Eva Mary Barbara) 1
- Ridler, Anne. 1
- Sadler, Glenn. 1
- Sayers Societies 1
- Sayers, Helen Mary. 1
- Sayers, Henry. 1
- Schofield, Stephen. 1
- Sewell, Brocard 1
- Society of Saint John the Evangelist. 1
- Somerville College (University of Oxford) 1
- Spalding, Ruth. 1
- Sprague, Rosamond. 1
- St. Anne's house 1
- Sullivan, John J. 1
- Swann, Donald. 1
- Tennyson, G. B. 1
- Tennyson, George Bernhard 1
- Walsh, Chad. 1
- Wegner, Fritz. 1
- Williams Societies 1 ∧ less