Showing Collections: 1001 - 1050 of 1159
Sheldon Vanauken Collection
Siberian Seven Collection
Small Collection 027 Records of the Northern Canada Evangelical Mission
This collection contains a handbook created by the Northern Canada Evangelical Mission orient missionaries and candidates to NCEM's procedures and expectations for raising financial support from churches, filing reports, behavior on the field, and writing letters to supporters.
Small Collection 028 Records of the Orinoco River Mission
This collection contains a handbook given to Orinoco River Mission candidates and missionaries to acquaint them with the mission's rules and regulations. Also contains specific information useful to missionaries in Venezuela.
Small Collection 029 Records of the Far Eastern Gospel Crusade
This collection contains a handbook for missionaries and candidates of the Far Eastern Gospel Crusade to orient them to the mission's goals and procedures. Volume contains constitution and by-laws, a statement of principle and practices, bibliographies, and other information on the Philippines and Japan. Also included is a draft of the constitution of the Far Eastern Gospel Crusade.
Small Collection 030 Records of the Conservative Baptist Foreign Mission Society
This collection contains an orientation handbook for missionaries and candidates created by the Conservative Baptist Foreign Mission Society. The manual describes the Society's background, constitution, doctrinal statement, expectations for missionaries, and personnel policies.
Small Collection 031 Records of The Evangelical Alliance Mission
This collection contains an orientation handbook created by The Evangelical Alliance Mission for TEAM missionaries and candidates to orient them to the mission's goals, methods, and policies. The manual outlines regulations related to fundraising, visas and overseas travel, health and country-specific information. Also included is information on TEAM's Medical Aid Fund and a letter explaining TEAM's procedure for reviewing candidiates for mission fields.
Small Collection 032 Records of Evangelical Missions Information Service
Report written by Osborne Buchanan of the National Liberty Foundation on the status and future of the 3-year old Evangelical Missions Information Service. Document summarizes EMIS history and makes recommendations for increasing its usefulness with support from National Liberty Foundation, by developing a research center or provide research services for mission agencies. Report written in response to recommendation of mission executives at Colorado Springs meeting in early 1967.
Small Collection 036 Ephemera of Dwight L. Moody
Small Collection 037 Papers of E. Edmunds
The collection contains a letter from Rev. Edmunds in Boston to Rev. C.H. Plumer in Philadelphia providing brief reports on Edmund's ministry, an "anniversary meeting" and the work of home missionaries in Michigan, Maine and New York. Information may have been intended for publication in the periodical The Christian.
Small Collection 038 Papers of George Jeffreys
Two letters by British evangelist George Jeffreys to a Rev. Glasnant Jones. The letters are brief but contain some comments on the evangelistic meeting Jeffreys was holding.
Small Collection 039 Papers of Henry Hickok
Commission for home mission work issued to Hickok by the Board of Mission of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America. Document details the length of his service, compensation, conduct and activity expected of him, and plans for giving aid to the Board and for correspondence between presbyteries and the Board.
Small Collection 040 Ephemera of Homer Hammontree
Photographs of Homer Hammontree, 1901 report card, article on his ordination, obituaries, and letter written about him after his death by Howard Hermansen and Paul Beckwith, which includes a tribute by Wilbur M. Smith.
Small Collection 041 Records of Hwa Nan College
Small Collection 042 Papers of Paul and Margaret Culley
This collection contains a letter and an article. Materials describe the Culley's experiences among the Kopauko tribe and Zungonao clan in New Guinea in 1940.
Small Collection 043 Records of the American Tract Society
Small Collection 044 Ephemera of Evangeline Booth
Letters written by Evangeline Booth during her service as Field Commissioner of The Salvation Army in the United States. Correspondence concerns actual or potential contributors. Also includes a printed card with autograph, July 22, 1936, and a newspaper clipping advertising free Christmas dinners in 1910.
Small Collection 047 Papers of Reginald Heber
Manuscript of a sermon delivered by Heber of the Anglican Church to clergy in his diocese of Calcutta, India, describing the missionary situation in India.
Small Collection 048 Papers of David Livingstone
This collection contains a single letter written by David Livingstone to John Kirk, outlining some of the conditions of two-year expedition they were planning to Africa. Topics discussed include government funding and expected expenses, anticipated living conditions during the expedition, and Kirk's qualifications for joining the expedition. The letter is dated January 4, 1858 from Hamilton, Scotland.
Small Collection 049 Ephemera of Robert Moffat
Letter, autograph and print. Letter (1871) to Mr. Bergne regarding the slow proceedings of Bergne's committee and Moffat's great expenses while working on his translation of the Old Testament. Print is of Moffat.
Small Collection 050 Ephemera of Samuel Small
This collection contains the second page of letter signed by evangelist Samuel White Small and portrait of him.
Small Collection 051 Papers of George Sherwood Eddy
This collection contains a typed letter and envelope signed by Eddy to W.W. Lockwood of Shanghai, introducing Frederick W. Roman who was on a fact-finding tour of the Far East.
Small Collection 052 Papers of Frances E. Willard
Autographed letter signed by temperance leader Frances Elizabeth Willard to unnamed correspondent commending her for her speaking ability.
Small Collection 053 Ephemera of Samuel M. Sayford
Card announcing an evangelistic meeting at the Dudley Street Baptist Church held by Samuel Sayford.
Small Collection 054 Papers of George Muller
This collection contains two notes written by George Muller near the end of his life. One letter is to Arthur Tappan Pierson, containing a brief acknowledgement and personal message, including obituary of Muller's wife, Susannah Grace Muller. The other contains condolences to an unknown correspondent.
Small Collection 055 Papers of William W. Sweet
This collection contains a letter from William Warren Sweet to Oscar Joseph concerning the publication of Sweet's book The Story of Religion in America.
Small Collection 056 Papers of William Buell Sprague
This collection contains a letter from William Buell Sprague to Rev. Sulete, thanking him for donating several pamphlets to Sprague's collection of theological materials.
Small Collection 057 Ephemera of Ira Sankey
Small Collection 058 Ephemera of Adoniram Judson
This collection contains letters from Edward Judson, theologian, pastor and son of Adoniram Judson, to G.W. Freeman about building a memorial in New York City to his father, the first American foreign missionary.
Small Collection 059 Ephemera of Matthew Wilks
This collection contains a letter written by Matthew Wilks to Rev. A.J. Roberts from London regarding a future visit and a biographical sketch of Wilks written by J. L. Dandy dated February 1829
Small Collection 060 Ephemera of Robert M. Green
This collection contains a small card advertising a series of revival meetings by evangelist Robert M. Green at the Methodist Episcopal Church in Barnegat, New Jersey.
Small Collection 061 Papers of Charles Blanchett
This collection contains a booklet of nine watercolor sketches illustrating a three-verse limerick written in English but lettered in a verticle stylistic Chinese script; was presented to Charles Isaac Blanchett (1875-1933) upon his arrival in Pakhoi, China (near Hong Kong), to work with the Church Missionary Society. The booklet depicts an imaginary world in which Blanchett and his colleague, Bishop Rt. Rev. G.H. Landers (bishop of Hong Kong) are ambushed by cannibals.
Small Collection 062 Papers of Gideon Hawley
This collection contains a letter from Gideon Hawley to Rev. Mr. Dunster consoling him on the imminent death of of Dunster's wife, as well as a short note from Hawley to Captain David Allen.
Small Collection 063 Papers of Willis Green
This collection contains a letter by Willis Green in Lodiana, India, to his brother, Joshua Green in the U.S., describing scenery and people of India as well as comments on problems in the church in America and India.
Small Collection 064 Papers of S. W. Colburn
This collection contains a letter written by S.W. Colburn to Mrs. Mary Gerish describing the purpose of the Palestine Missionary Society, asking for financial and prayer support.
Small Collection 065 Papers of Joseph K. Wright
This collection contains a letter from Joseph Kingsburg Wight, missionary to China, to his brother, William Wight, describing his sea voyage to China, the condition of Shanghai, missionary endeavors in China and the Taiping Rebellion.
Small Collection 066 Papers of Mary Jane Wilson
This collection contains a letter describing missionaries Daniel Lindley and Henry Venable attempts to establish a mission station in a southern Africa territory under the protection of a tribal chief, local marriage customs, severe drought and impressions of Robert Moffat, Robert Hamilton and Roger Edwards.
Small Collection 067 Ephemera of David J. Ranney
This collection contains a promotional card with photograph announcing a missionary meeting under YMCA auspices in New York City at which David James Ranney related his experiences.
Small Collection 068 Ephemera of Bowdoin Square Tabernacle
This collection contains a postcard with photograph announcing meetings conducted by Rev. Charles E. Eaton at the Bowdoin Square Tabernacle.
Small Collection 070 Ephemera of the American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions
This collection contains engraved certificates for contributions, biography of missionary of Harriet Newell, historical sketch of mission work in Micronesia, Sunday school exercise on Africa (1917), letter from John and Margaret Miller (missionaries in India), Congregational Home Missionary Society 75th anniversary program booklet, and letter regarding 1848 ABCFM meeting in Boston.
Small Collection 071 Papers of Alfred Goodrich
This collection contains a letter from Alfred Goodrich to Martin Hogan including descriptions of Alexander Campbell and 300 conversions resulting from meetings conducted by a Mr. Avery.
Small Collection 072 Ephemera of Jonathan Edwards
Small Collection 073 Papers of Jack Shuler
This collection contains a scrapbook containing brochures, posters, and newspaper clippings used in the 1951 "Key to Life" evangelistic campaign of evangelist Jack Shuler, held in Grand Rapids, Michigan; sponsored by the Christian Businessmen's Committee of Grand Rapids.
Small Collection 074 Papers of Robert W. Porteous
Small Collection 075 Papers of Charles Fairclough
Small Collection 076 Papers of Edwin W. Fisch
This collection contains a prayer letter from Edwin William Fisch, a missionary with China Inland Mission, detailing his first days in China including descriptions of his arrival in Shanghai, the China Inland Mission compound and hospital, Shanghai street life, visits to training institutes, medical facilities, leading a worship service, travel on the Yangtze River, and the working classes.
Small Collection 078 Papers of Ralph and Helen Scoville
This collection contains three prayer letters describing Ralph and Helen Scovilles' missionary work in China; travel from Shanghai to Ningsha, Kansu Province (now Yinchuan, Gansu) and raid and 23-day occupation of Ningsha by Muslim bandits.
Small Collection 079 Papers of Charles Thomson
This collection contains one prayer letter from Charles Thomson, describing progress made in evangelistic work in China, excerpts from missionaries' letters appealing for prayer, and an appeal for new missionaries.
Small Collection 080 Papers of Martha Pohnert
This collection contains one prayer letter from Martha Pohnert, a missionary with China Inland Mission, decribing Pohnert's Chinese co-workers, prayer needs, famine in the area, and the state of an outlying town damaged by soldiers.
Small Collection 081 Papers of A. Bertram Lewis
This collection contains one letter from A. Bertram Lewis, describing his work as missionary in Kiangsi Province, China, with China Inland Mission, the progress of evangelistic work, involvement of Chinese Christians in evangelism, and a Bible conference.
- Evangelism & Missions Archives 692
- Buswell Library Special Collections 221
- Wheaton College Archives 143
- Marion E. Wade Center 103
- Evangelistic work. 442
- Conversion. 250
- Missionaries. 223
- Missionaries -- Appointment, call, and election. 196
- Evangelistic work -- United States. 170
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni. 164
- Christian life. 149
- Women -- Religious life. 145
- Church and state. 142
- Women missionaries. 137
- Evangelicalism. 136
- Women 135
- Missionaries -- Training of. 129
- Correspondence 128
- Missions. 126
- Christian education. 121
- Bible. 120
- Indigenous church administration 117
- Children of missionaries. 112
- Christianity and culture. 110
- Church and social problems. 109
- Language in missionary work. 109
- Missions -- China. 104
- Missions -- Educational work. 96
- Evangelicalism -- United States. 92
- Christian leadership. 91
- Catholic Church. 87
- Family. 80
- Communism. 79
- Photographs 78
- Missions, Medical. 77
- Evangelistic work -- China. 75
- Radio in religion. 75
- World War, 1939-1945. 74
- Religious institutions. 73
- Medical care 69
- Prayer. 68
- Mass media in religion. 67
- Missions -- Finance. 66
- Tribes. 66
- Conversion -- Personal narratives. 64
- Persecution. 64
- China -- History. 63
- Pentecostalism. 63
- Sermons, American. 63
- Sex role. 62
- Christian literature. 61
- Education 61
- African Americans. 59
- Missionaries -- Leaves and furloughs. 59
- Christian literature -- Publication and distribution. 58
- Evangelistic sermons. 57
- Evangelistic work -- Philosophy. 55
- Fundamentalism. 55
- College students. 53
- Church and social problems -- United States. 52
- Animism. 51
- Communism -- China. 51
- Theology 50
- Catholic Church. -- Protestant churches. 49
- Church development, New. 49
- Fund raising. 49
- Worship. 49
- Children. 48
- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation. 48
- Bible colleges 47
- Financial Records 47
- Preaching. 47
- Scrapbooks 47
- Church growth 46
- Church work with youth. 46
- City missions. 46
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Faculty. 46
- Missions -- India. 45
- Revivals. 45
- Rural missions. 45
- Articles. 44
- Audiotapes 43
- Bible -- Study and teaching. 43
- Evangelistic work -- Congresses 43
- Missions -- Africa. 43
- Muslims. 43
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Students. 43
- Belief and doubt. 42
- Bible -- Translating. 42
- Racism. 42
- Theology -- Study and teaching -- Asia. 42
- Evangelistic invitations. 41
- Interdenominational cooperation. 41
- Missions to Muslims. 41
- Youth 41
- China -- History -- 1937-1945. 39
- Missions -- Congresses. 39
- Radio in missionary work. 39
- Baptists. 38
- Presbyterians. 38
- Salvation. 38
- Theological seminaries. 38
- African Americans -- Social conditions. 37
- Culture shock. 37 ∧ less
- English 1158
- Russian 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Arabic 2
- Chinese 2
- Dutch; Flemish 2
- French 2
- German 2
- Portuguese 2
- Thai 2
- Japanese 1
- Multiple languages 1 ∧ less
- Wheaton College (Ill.) 188
- Graham, Billy, 1918-2018. 110
- Moody Bible Institute. 57
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. 52
- China Inland Mission. 51
- Africa Inland Mission. 47
- Edman, V. Raymond (Victor Raymond), 1900-1967. 45
- Overseas Missionary Fellowship. 41
- Christian and Missionary Alliance. 40
- Sayers, Dorothy L. (Sayers, Dorothy Leigh) 40
- Lewis, C. S. (Lewis, Clive Staples) 35
- Sunday, Billy, 1862-1935. 34
- Buswell, J. Oliver (James Oliver), 1895-1977. 30
- Zhongguo guo min dang. 28
- Campus Crusade for Christ. 27
- Islam 27
- Rader, Paul, 1879-1938. 27
- Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship. 26
- Wycliffe Bible Translators. 25
- Henry, Carl F. H. (Carl Ferdinand Howard), 1913-2003. 23
- World Evangelical Fellowship. 23
- Bright, Bill. 22
- National Association of Evangelicals. 22
- Wheaton College (Ill.). Graduate School 22
- HCJB (Radio station : Quito, Ecuador) 21
- Sudan Interior Mission. 21
- Rodeheaver, Homer A. (Homer Alvan), 1880-1955. 20
- The Evangelical Alliance Mission. 20
- Armerding, Hudson T. 19
- Elliot, Jim, 1927-1956. 19
- Jones, Clarence W. 19
- McIntire, Carl, 1906-2002. 19
- Perkins, John, 19
- Africa Inland Church. 18
- Catholic Church. 18
- Latin America Mission. 18
- Ockenga, Harold John, 1905-1985. 18
- Wyrtzen, Jack, 1913-1996. 18
- Assemblies of God. 17
- Billy Graham Center. 17
- Chicago Gospel Tabernacle (Ill.) 17
- Ford, Leighton. 17
- Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization. 17
- Moody Memorial Church (Chicago, Ill.) 17
- Taylor, Clyde W. 17
- Barrows, Cliff. 16
- Fuller, Charles Edward, 1887-1968. 16
- Graham, Ruth Bell. 16
- International Fellowship of Evangelical Students. 16
- Ironside, H. A. (Henry Allan), 1876-1951. 16
- Jones, Bob, 1883-1968. 16
- World Council of Churches. 16
- Crawford, Percy B. (Percy Bartimus) 15
- Howard, David M. 15
- Plymouth Brethren. 15
- Stam, Elisabeth Alden Scott, 1906-1934. 15
- Blanchard, Charles A. (Charles Albert) 14
- Colson, Charles W. 14
- Fuller Theological Seminary. 14
- Glasser, Arthur F. (Arthur Frederick), 1914- 14
- Johnson, Torrey Maynard, 1909- 14
- Smith, Oswald J. 14
- Stam, John Cornelius, 1907-1934. 14
- Columbia Bible College (Columbia, S.C.) 13
- Dain, Arthur John, 1912- 13
- Jesus Christ. 13
- Mission Aviation Fellowship. 13
- Padilla, C. Rene. 13
- Palau, Luis, 1934- 13
- Shea, George Beverly, 1909-2013. 13
- Skinner, Tom, 1942- 13
- Torrey, R. A. (Reuben Archer), 1856-1928 13
- Dunlop, Merrill. 12
- Elliot, Elisabeth. 12
- Hurlburt, Charles E. 12
- McCully, Theodore Edward, 1927-1956. 12
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 12
- Saint, Nathaniel, 1923-1956. 12
- Smith, Gipsy, 1860-1947. 12
- Sunday, Helen Amelia Thompson, 1868-1957. 12
- Voice of Calvary Ministries (U.S.) 12
- Woods, C. Stacey, 1909-1983. 12
- Conservative Baptist Foreign Mission Society. 11
- Evangelical Foreign Missions Association. 11
- Navigators. 11
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S. 11
- Stott, John R. W. 11
- West Suburban Hospital (Oak Park, Ill.) 11
- Williams, Charles 11
- World Vision International. 11
- Wright, J. Elwin. 11
- Youth for Christ/USA. 11
- Association of Evangelicals of Africa and Madagascar. 10
- College Church in Wheaton (Ill.) 10
- Dodds, Gilbert, 1918- 10
- Evangelical Churches of West Africa. 10
- Evangelism-in-Depth. 10
- Hatfield, Mark O., 1922-2011. 10
- Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association of North America. 10
- McGavran, Donald A. (Donald Anderson), 1897-1990. 10 ∧ less