Showing Collections: 1001 - 1050 of 1165
Minutes and general files of the Service Learning Committee
Materials relating to the 1993 Shadowlands film by Richard Attenborough, and a few photos from the 1985 film by Norman Stone.
Correspondence and manuscripts relating to Endo's novels, Volcano and When I Whistle.
This collection contains a handbook created by the Northern Canada Evangelical Mission orient missionaries and candidates to NCEM's procedures and expectations for raising financial support from churches, filing reports, behavior on the field, and writing letters to supporters.
This collection contains a handbook given to Orinoco River Mission candidates and missionaries to acquaint them with the mission's rules and regulations. Also contains specific information useful to missionaries in Venezuela.
This collection contains a handbook for missionaries and candidates of the Far Eastern Gospel Crusade to orient them to the mission's goals and procedures. Volume contains constitution and by-laws, a statement of principle and practices, bibliographies, and other information on the Philippines and Japan. Also included is a draft of the constitution of the Far Eastern Gospel Crusade.
This collection contains an orientation handbook for missionaries and candidates created by the Conservative Baptist Foreign Mission Society. The manual describes the Society's background, constitution, doctrinal statement, expectations for missionaries, and personnel policies.
This collection contains an orientation handbook created by The Evangelical Alliance Mission for TEAM missionaries and candidates to orient them to the mission's goals, methods, and policies. The manual outlines regulations related to fundraising, visas and overseas travel, health and country-specific information. Also included is information on TEAM's Medical Aid Fund and a letter explaining TEAM's procedure for reviewing candidiates for mission fields.
Report written by Osborne Buchanan of the National Liberty Foundation on the status and future of the 3-year old Evangelical Missions Information Service. Document summarizes EMIS history and makes recommendations for increasing its usefulness with support from National Liberty Foundation, by developing a research center or provide research services for mission agencies. Report written in response to recommendation of mission executives at Colorado Springs meeting in early 1967.
The collection contains a letter from Rev. Edmunds in Boston to Rev. C.H. Plumer in Philadelphia providing brief reports on Edmund's ministry, an "anniversary meeting" and the work of home missionaries in Michigan, Maine and New York. Information may have been intended for publication in the periodical The Christian.
Two letters by British evangelist George Jeffreys to a Rev. Glasnant Jones. The letters are brief but contain some comments on the evangelistic meeting Jeffreys was holding.
Commission for home mission work issued to Hickok by the Board of Mission of the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America. Document details the length of his service, compensation, conduct and activity expected of him, and plans for giving aid to the Board and for correspondence between presbyteries and the Board.
Photographs of Homer Hammontree, 1901 report card, article on his ordination, obituaries, and letter written about him after his death by Howard Hermansen and Paul Beckwith, which includes a tribute by Wilbur M. Smith.
This collection contains a letter and an article. Materials describe the Culley's experiences among the Kopauko tribe and Zungonao clan in New Guinea in 1940.
Letters written by Evangeline Booth during her service as Field Commissioner of The Salvation Army in the United States. Correspondence concerns actual or potential contributors. Also includes a printed card with autograph, July 22, 1936, and a newspaper clipping advertising free Christmas dinners in 1910.
Manuscript of a sermon delivered by Heber of the Anglican Church to clergy in his diocese of Calcutta, India, describing the missionary situation in India.
This collection contains a single letter written by David Livingstone to John Kirk, outlining some of the conditions of two-year expedition they were planning to Africa. Topics discussed include government funding and expected expenses, anticipated living conditions during the expedition, and Kirk's qualifications for joining the expedition. The letter is dated January 4, 1858 from Hamilton, Scotland.
Letter, autograph and print. Letter (1871) to Mr. Bergne regarding the slow proceedings of Bergne's committee and Moffat's great expenses while working on his translation of the Old Testament. Print is of Moffat.
This collection contains the second page of letter signed by evangelist Samuel White Small and portrait of him.
This collection contains a typed letter and envelope signed by Eddy to W.W. Lockwood of Shanghai, introducing Frederick W. Roman who was on a fact-finding tour of the Far East.
Autographed letter signed by temperance leader Frances Elizabeth Willard to unnamed correspondent commending her for her speaking ability.
Card announcing an evangelistic meeting at the Dudley Street Baptist Church held by Samuel Sayford.
This collection contains two notes written by George Muller near the end of his life. One letter is to Arthur Tappan Pierson, containing a brief acknowledgement and personal message, including obituary of Muller's wife, Susannah Grace Muller. The other contains condolences to an unknown correspondent.
This collection contains a letter from William Warren Sweet to Oscar Joseph concerning the publication of Sweet's book The Story of Religion in America.
This collection contains a letter from William Buell Sprague to Rev. Sulete, thanking him for donating several pamphlets to Sprague's collection of theological materials.
This collection contains letters from Edward Judson, theologian, pastor and son of Adoniram Judson, to G.W. Freeman about building a memorial in New York City to his father, the first American foreign missionary.
This collection contains a letter written by Matthew Wilks to Rev. A.J. Roberts from London regarding a future visit and a biographical sketch of Wilks written by J. L. Dandy dated February 1829
This collection contains a small card advertising a series of revival meetings by evangelist Robert M. Green at the Methodist Episcopal Church in Barnegat, New Jersey.
This collection contains a booklet of nine watercolor sketches illustrating a three-verse limerick written in English but lettered in a verticle stylistic Chinese script; was presented to Charles Isaac Blanchett (1875-1933) upon his arrival in Pakhoi, China (near Hong Kong), to work with the Church Missionary Society. The booklet depicts an imaginary world in which Blanchett and his colleague, Bishop Rt. Rev. G.H. Landers (bishop of Hong Kong) are ambushed by cannibals.
This collection contains a letter from Gideon Hawley to Rev. Mr. Dunster consoling him on the imminent death of of Dunster's wife, as well as a short note from Hawley to Captain David Allen.
This collection contains a letter by Willis Green in Lodiana, India, to his brother, Joshua Green in the U.S., describing scenery and people of India as well as comments on problems in the church in America and India.
This collection contains a letter written by S.W. Colburn to Mrs. Mary Gerish describing the purpose of the Palestine Missionary Society, asking for financial and prayer support.
This collection contains a letter from Joseph Kingsburg Wight, missionary to China, to his brother, William Wight, describing his sea voyage to China, the condition of Shanghai, missionary endeavors in China and the Taiping Rebellion.
This collection contains a letter describing missionaries Daniel Lindley and Henry Venable attempts to establish a mission station in a southern Africa territory under the protection of a tribal chief, local marriage customs, severe drought and impressions of Robert Moffat, Robert Hamilton and Roger Edwards.
This collection contains a promotional card with photograph announcing a missionary meeting under YMCA auspices in New York City at which David James Ranney related his experiences.
This collection contains a postcard with photograph announcing meetings conducted by Rev. Charles E. Eaton at the Bowdoin Square Tabernacle.
This collection contains engraved certificates for contributions, biography of missionary of Harriet Newell, historical sketch of mission work in Micronesia, Sunday school exercise on Africa (1917), letter from John and Margaret Miller (missionaries in India), Congregational Home Missionary Society 75th anniversary program booklet, and letter regarding 1848 ABCFM meeting in Boston.
This collection contains a letter from Alfred Goodrich to Martin Hogan including descriptions of Alexander Campbell and 300 conversions resulting from meetings conducted by a Mr. Avery.
This collection contains a scrapbook containing brochures, posters, and newspaper clippings used in the 1951 "Key to Life" evangelistic campaign of evangelist Jack Shuler, held in Grand Rapids, Michigan; sponsored by the Christian Businessmen's Committee of Grand Rapids.
This collection contains a prayer letter from Edwin William Fisch, a missionary with China Inland Mission, detailing his first days in China including descriptions of his arrival in Shanghai, the China Inland Mission compound and hospital, Shanghai street life, visits to training institutes, medical facilities, leading a worship service, travel on the Yangtze River, and the working classes.
This collection contains three prayer letters describing Ralph and Helen Scovilles' missionary work in China; travel from Shanghai to Ningsha, Kansu Province (now Yinchuan, Gansu) and raid and 23-day occupation of Ningsha by Muslim bandits.
- Evangelism & Missions Archives 695
- Special Collections 222
- Wheaton College Archives 144
- Marion E. Wade Center 104
- Evangelistic work. 438
- Conversion. 251
- Missionaries. 220
- Missionaries -- Appointment, call, and election. 196
- Evangelistic work -- United States. 172
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni. 163
- Christian life. 149
- Women -- Religious life. 145
- Church and state. 140
- Women missionaries. 138
- Evangelicalism. 136
- Women 135
- Missionaries -- Training of. 130
- Correspondence 128
- Missions. 124
- Christian education. 120
- Bible. 118
- Indigenous church administration 117
- Children of missionaries. 112
- Christianity and culture. 110
- Church and social problems. 110
- Language in missionary work. 109
- Missions -- China. 104
- Missions -- Educational work. 96
- Christian leadership. 92
- Evangelicalism -- United States. 92
- Catholic Church. 86
- Family. 80
- Communism. 78
- Photographs 78
- Evangelistic work -- China. 77
- Missions, Medical. 77
- Radio in religion. 76
- World War, 1939-1945. 74
- Religious institutions. 73
- Prayer. 70
- Conversion -- Personal narratives. 69
- Mass media in religion. 68
- Medical care 68
- Missions -- Finance. 66
- Tribes. 65
- Pentecostalism. 64
- Sermons, American. 64
- China -- History. 63
- Persecution. 63
- Sex role. 62
- Christian literature -- Publication and distribution. 61
- Christian literature. 61
- Education 60
- African Americans. 59
- Evangelistic sermons. 59
- Missionaries -- Leaves and furloughs. 59
- Fundamentalism. 56
- Evangelistic work -- Philosophy. 55
- Church and social problems -- United States. 53
- College students. 53
- Animism. 52
- Communism -- China. 51
- Fund raising. 51
- Church development, New. 49
- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation. 49
- Theology 49
- Worship. 49
- Catholic Church. -- Protestant churches. 48
- Children. 48
- Preaching. 48
- Church work with youth. 47
- City missions. 47
- Financial Records 47
- Scrapbooks 47
- Bible colleges 46
- Church growth 46
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Faculty. 46
- Bible -- Study and teaching. 45
- Missions -- India. 45
- Revivals. 45
- Articles. 44
- Missions -- Africa. 44
- Rural missions. 44
- Evangelistic work -- Congresses 43
- Missions to Muslims. 43
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Students. 43
- Audiotapes 42
- Belief and doubt. 42
- Bible -- Translating. 42
- Muslims. 42
- Racism. 42
- Theology -- Study and teaching -- Asia. 42
- Evangelistic invitations. 41
- Youth 41
- Interdenominational cooperation. 40
- China -- History -- 1937-1945. 39
- Missions -- Congresses. 39
- Radio in missionary work. 39
- Presbyterians. 38
- Salvation. 38
- Theological seminaries. 38
- African Americans -- Social conditions. 37
- Baptists. 37
- Culture shock. 37 ∧ less
- English 1164
- Russian 4
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Arabic 2
- Chinese 2
- Wheaton College (Ill.) 188
- Graham, Billy, 1918-2018. 111
- Moody Bible Institute. 58
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. 55
- China Inland Mission. 51
- Africa Inland Mission. 47
- Edman, V. Raymond (Victor Raymond), 1900-1967. 45
- OMF International. 41
- Christian and Missionary Alliance. 40
- Sayers, Dorothy L. (Sayers, Dorothy Leigh) 40
- Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963. 37
- Sunday, Billy, 1862-1935. 34
- Buswell, J. Oliver (James Oliver), 1895-1977. 30
- Zhongguo guo min dang. 28
- Campus Crusade for Christ. 27
- Rader, Paul, 1879-1938. 27
- Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship. 26
- Wycliffe Bible Translators. 25
- Wheaton College (Ill.). Graduate School 24
- World Evangelical Fellowship. 24
- Henry, Carl F. H. (Carl Ferdinand Howard), 1913-2003. 23
- Bright, Bill. 22
- National Association of Evangelicals. 22
- HCJB (Radio station : Quito, Ecuador) 21
- Sudan Interior Mission. 21
- The Evangelical Alliance Mission. 21
- Armerding, Hudson T. 20
- Rodeheaver, Homer A. (Homer Alvan), 1880-1955. 20
- Elliot, Jim, 1927-1956. 19
- Ford, Leighton. 19
- Jones, Clarence W. 19
- Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization. 19
- McIntire, Carl, 1906-2002. 19
- Perkins, John, 19
- Africa Inland Church. 18
- Billy Graham Center. 18
- Catholic Church. 18
- Latin America Mission. 18
- Ockenga, Harold John, 1905-1985. 18
- Wyrtzen, Jack, 1913-1996. 18
- Assemblies of God. 17
- Barrows, Cliff. 17
- Chicago Gospel Tabernacle (Ill.) 17
- Graham, Ruth Bell. 17
- International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) 17
- Moody Memorial Church (Chicago, Ill.) 17
- Taylor, Clyde W. 17
- World Council of Churches. 17
- Fuller, Charles Edward, 1887-1968. 16
- Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association of North America. 16
- Ironside, H. A. (Henry Allan), 1876-1951. 16
- Jones, Bob, 1883-1968. 16
- Crawford, Percy B. (Percy Bartimus) 15
- Howard, David M. 15
- Palau, Luis, 1934- 15
- Plymouth Brethren. 15
- Stam, Elisabeth Alden Scott, 1906-1934. 15
- Blanchard, Charles A. (Charles Albert) 14
- Colson, Charles W. 14
- Columbia Bible College (Columbia, S.C.) 14
- Fuller Theological Seminary. 14
- Glasser, Arthur F. (Arthur Frederick), 1914- 14
- Johnson, Torrey Maynard, 1909- 14
- Padilla, C. René. 14
- Shea, George Beverly, 1909-2013. 14
- Smith, Oswald J. 14
- Stam, John Cornelius, 1907-1934. 14
- Dain, Arthur John, 1912- 13
- Mission Aviation Fellowship. 13
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994. 13
- Skinner, Tom, 1942- 13
- Torrey, R. A. (Reuben Archer), 1856-1928 13
- Conservative Baptist Foreign Mission Society. 12
- Dunlop, Merrill. 12
- Elliot, Elisabeth. 12
- Hurlburt, Charles E. 12
- Jesus Christ. 12
- McCully, Theodore Edward, 1927-1956. 12
- Saint, Nathaniel, 1923-1956. 12
- Smith, Gipsy, 1860-1947. 12
- Sunday, Helen Amelia Thompson, 1868-1957. 12
- Voice of Calvary Ministries (U.S.) 12
- Woods, C. Stacey, 1909-1983. 12
- Wright, J. Elwin. 12
- Association of Evangelicals of Africa and Madagascar. 11
- Evangelical Foreign Missions Association. 11
- Navigators (Religious organization) 11
- Pacific Garden Mission (Chicago, Ill.) 11
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S. 11
- Riley, W. B. (William Bell), 1861-1947. 11
- Stott, John R. W. 11
- West Suburban Hospital (Oak Park, Ill.) 11
- Williams, Charles 11
- World Vision International. 11
- Youth for Christ/USA. 11
- College Church in Wheaton (Ill.) 10
- Dodds, Gilbert, 1918- 10
- Evangelical Churches of West Africa. 10
- Evangelism-in-Depth. 10
- Hatfield, Mark O., 1922-2011. 10 ∧ less