Showing Collections: 1101 - 1150 of 1165
Minutes and general files of the Teacher Education Committee
This archive contains materials relating to the live action movies based on The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
This archive contains materials for the play The Devil to Pay by Dorothy L. Sayers, including copies of the play, correspondence, production notes, and financial returns.
The Emperor Constantine archive contains materials relating to the religious play of the same title by Dorothy L. Sayers including: various copies and scripts of the play, some production notes, and related correspondence primarily regarding the Colchester Festival where the play was first performed in 1951.
The Just Vengeance archive contains materials relating to the religious play of the same title by Dorothy L. Sayers including: a script of the play, press cuttings of reviews, and materials relating to the Lichfield Cathedral festival, where the play was first performed in June 1946.
This archive contains the press release folder used to promote the television special, the published script, and a teaching kit. There are more identical press release folders in the Wade Center’s Merchandise collection.
The Man Born to be King archive contains materials relating to the religious play cycle of the same title by Dorothy L. Sayers including: drafts and scripts of the 12 dramas, production notes, correspondence and fan mail, press cuttings, and correspondence between Sayers and Heinz Geck, who translated the play into German.
The Mind of the Maker archive contains materials relating to the non-fiction book of the same title by Dorothy L. Sayers, including: early drafts of the book, related correspondence, and a copy of the published work with annotations by Sayers.
This archive contains a single folder of correspondence, mainly fan mail, relating to Dorothy L. Sayers's BBC radio talk, "The New Cosmology."
The Other Side, which was a "magazine of Christian discipleship," was established by Jubilee, Inc. of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1976.
This archive contains correspondence and drafts relating to The Pantheon Papers by Dorothy L. Sayers, a series of satirical sketches on invented saints and celebrations of secular society.
This archive contains memorabilia from a production of an adaptation of The Lord of the Rings for theatre, performed in Cheltenham.
The Religious Book Club archive contains various materials relating to the club and Sayers's position on the Advisory Committee, including: meeting minutes, agendas, book lists, RBC advertisements, Bulletins, and related correspondence.
The Religious Drama Society archive contains various materials relating to the society, including meeting minutes and related correspondence.
Materials relating to the publication of the Bookmakers Guild 1986 edition. The Silver Trumpet, a fairy tale by Owen Barfield, was first published in 1925. This new edition was designed with new illustrations and an afterword by the Associate Director of the Wade Center, Marjorie Lamp Mead.
The Zeal of Thy House archive contains materials relating to the religious play of the same title by Dorothy L. Sayers, including printed copies of the play, correspondence, music, and financial records from when the play was touring in 1938-1939.
A selection of materials primarily relating to the publication of A Barfield Sampler, eds. Thomas Kranidas and Jeanne Clayton Hunter. SUNY Press, 1993. Includes: correspondence, notes, typescripts, photographs and proofs of the book with annotations by Barfield.
This archive contains items related to the 1992 Tolkien Centenary, including promotional materials, stamps, and conference tickets, programs, and schedules.
This archive contains extensive notes by Dorothy L. Sayers during her undergraduate years at Somerville College, Oxford University (1912-1915), or in the immediate period afterwards with a few pieces from other stages of her life.
The near entirety of the Shoemaker Collection consists of fifty-four pen and ink editorial cartoon drawings, chosen by Shoemaker as his personal best and given to Wheaton College originally for its American Art Collection. The collection contains minimal biographical information.
General Vertical Files
Records of the Vice-President for Advancement include correspondence of Norman Edwards.
General files and Financial Data Package documents of Vice President of Finance -- William Pollard
Artificial collection of video recordings of campus events.
The Lloyd Fesmire scrapbook is spiral bound, with an orange cover sporting a cartoon rodeo cowboy. It is titled with the words, "Senior Sneak '42," which was held at Jack & Jill Ranch in Montague, MI. The interior contains photos of the trip, showing the lake, cabins, bonfires and various group activities, including a talent show. Some pages are blank, and there is no written description to accompany the images. The book measures 5 x 7.
Minutes and general files of the Search Committee - Wade Collection
This archive is a collection of materials relating to the Wheaton College production of an original, musical adaptation of Charles Williams' War in Heaven.
This archive contains a copy of the diary of Warren H. Lewis (1895-1973), the elder brother of C.S. (Jack) Lewis. The complete diary covers a span of fifty years, and fills twenty-three hand-written "volumes." Also included at the end of the archive are the seven "Travel Journals" that Warren kept while vacationing in England and Ireland.
This archive contains article clippings, correspondence, and other inserts which have become detached from the Warren H. Lewis Diaries.
This archive contains personal letters between Warren H. Lewis (elder brother of C.S. Lewis) and various correspondents.
This archive contains personal papers from Warren H. Lewis, brother of C.S. Lewis, as well as inserts removed from the Boxen manuscripts and the Lewis Family Papers or Memoirs of the Lewis Family (1850-1930). A draft of C.S. Lewis: A Biography edited by Warren Lewis is also included.
The maps and books contained within this archive belonged to Warren H. Lewis. These items contain information about areas in England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland where Warren Lewis and his brother C.S. Lewis went on walking tours. There are handwritten markings on several of these items. The original maps are stored separately from the research copies of this archive.
The West Suburban Choral Union Papers are primarily composed of audio material from 1998-2005 of WSCU concert performances, including Mozart's Mass in C Minor, Handel's Messiah, Bach's St. Matthew's Passion, and Britten's War Requiem. Additional manuscript material from the group's secretary are also available from 1985-1990.
Memos, handbook, newsletters, staff records, photos, publications, schedules of the WETN
Records of the Wheaton Academy include programs, bulletins, correspondence, annuals and brochures.
Bulletins, Directories, Handbooks, Magazines, Course Schedules affiliated with Wheaton College
The Faculty and Alumni collection consists of published scholarly or artistic productions from the Wheaton College alumni and past and present faculty. The collection also serves as a manuscripts holding collection until individual manuscript materials grow to the point of warranting an individual collection. The contents of the Faculty/Alumni Collection may be searched in the library catalog as keyword: SC/2
Files compiled during research by Mary Dorsett on various revivals throughout Wheaton College's history. Research resulted in a Wheaton Alumni Magazine article and a pamphlet published by International Awakening Press (Wheaton, IL).
This archive records the history and the events of the Wheaton College Tolkien Society, a Wheaton College Special Interest Club established in the Spring of 2011.
- Evangelism & Missions Archives 695
- Special Collections 222
- Wheaton College Archives 144
- Marion E. Wade Center 104
- Evangelistic work. 438
- Conversion. 251
- Missionaries. 220
- Missionaries -- Appointment, call, and election. 196
- Evangelistic work -- United States. 172
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni. 163
- Christian life. 149
- Women -- Religious life. 145
- Church and state. 140
- Women missionaries. 138
- Evangelicalism. 136
- Women 135
- Missionaries -- Training of. 130
- Correspondence 128
- Missions. 124
- Christian education. 120
- Bible. 118
- Indigenous church administration 117
- Children of missionaries. 112
- Christianity and culture. 110
- Church and social problems. 110
- Language in missionary work. 109
- Missions -- China. 104
- Missions -- Educational work. 96
- Christian leadership. 92
- Evangelicalism -- United States. 92
- Catholic Church. 86
- Family. 80
- Communism. 78
- Photographs 78
- Evangelistic work -- China. 77
- Missions, Medical. 77
- Radio in religion. 76
- World War, 1939-1945. 74
- Religious institutions. 73
- Prayer. 70
- Conversion -- Personal narratives. 69
- Mass media in religion. 68
- Medical care 68
- Missions -- Finance. 66
- Tribes. 65
- Pentecostalism. 64
- Sermons, American. 64
- China -- History. 63
- Persecution. 63
- Sex role. 62
- Christian literature -- Publication and distribution. 60
- Christian literature. 60
- Education 60
- African Americans. 59
- Evangelistic sermons. 59
- Missionaries -- Leaves and furloughs. 59
- Fundamentalism. 57
- Evangelistic work -- Philosophy. 55
- Church and social problems -- United States. 54
- College students. 53
- Animism. 52
- Communism -- China. 51
- Fund raising. 51
- Church development, New. 49
- Missions -- Interdenominational cooperation. 49
- Theology 49
- Worship. 49
- Catholic Church. -- Protestant churches. 48
- Children. 48
- Preaching. 48
- Church work with youth. 47
- City missions. 47
- Financial Records 47
- Scrapbooks 47
- Bible -- Study and teaching. 46
- Bible colleges 46
- Church growth 46
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Faculty. 46
- Missions -- India. 45
- Revivals. 45
- Articles. 44
- Missions -- Africa. 44
- Rural missions. 44
- Evangelistic work -- Congresses 43
- Missions to Muslims. 43
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Students. 43
- Audiotapes 42
- Belief and doubt. 42
- Bible -- Translating. 42
- Muslims. 42
- Racism. 42
- Theology -- Study and teaching -- Asia. 42
- Evangelistic invitations. 41
- Youth 41
- Interdenominational cooperation. 40
- China -- History -- 1937-1945. 39
- Missions -- Congresses. 39
- Radio in missionary work. 39
- Presbyterians. 38
- Salvation. 38
- Theological seminaries. 38
- African Americans -- Social conditions. 37
- Baptists. 37
- Culture shock. 37 ∧ less
- English 1164
- Russian 4
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Arabic 2
- Chinese 2
- Wheaton College (Ill.) 189
- Graham, Billy, 1918-2018. 112
- Moody Bible Institute. 58
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. 55
- China Inland Mission. 51
- Africa Inland Mission. 47
- Edman, V. Raymond (Victor Raymond), 1900-1967. 45
- OMF International. 41
- Christian and Missionary Alliance. 40
- Sayers, Dorothy L. (Sayers, Dorothy Leigh) 40
- Lewis, C. S. (Clive Staples), 1898-1963. 37
- Sunday, Billy, 1862-1935. 34
- Buswell, J. Oliver (James Oliver), 1895-1977. 30
- Zhongguo guo min dang. 28
- Campus Crusade for Christ. 27
- Rader, Paul, 1879-1938. 27
- Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship. 26
- Wycliffe Bible Translators. 25
- Wheaton College (Ill.). Graduate School 24
- World Evangelical Fellowship. 24
- Henry, Carl F. H. (Carl Ferdinand Howard), 1913-2003. 23
- Bright, Bill. 22
- National Association of Evangelicals. 22
- HCJB (Radio station : Quito, Ecuador) 21
- Sudan Interior Mission. 21
- The Evangelical Alliance Mission. 21
- Armerding, Hudson T. 20
- Rodeheaver, Homer A. (Homer Alvan), 1880-1955. 20
- Elliot, Jim, 1927-1956. 19
- Ford, Leighton. 19
- Jones, Clarence W. 19
- Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization. 19
- McIntire, Carl, 1906-2002. 19
- Perkins, John, 19
- Africa Inland Church. 18
- Billy Graham Center. 18
- Catholic Church. 18
- Latin America Mission. 18
- Ockenga, Harold John, 1905-1985. 18
- Wyrtzen, Jack, 1913-1996. 18
- Assemblies of God. 17
- Barrows, Cliff. 17
- Chicago Gospel Tabernacle (Ill.) 17
- Graham, Ruth Bell. 17
- International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) 17
- Moody Memorial Church (Chicago, Ill.) 17
- Taylor, Clyde W. 17
- World Council of Churches. 17
- Fuller, Charles Edward, 1887-1968. 16
- Howard, David M. 16
- Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association of North America. 16
- Ironside, H. A. (Henry Allan), 1876-1951. 16
- Jones, Bob, 1883-1968. 16
- Crawford, Percy B. (Percy Bartimus) 15
- Padilla, C. René. 15
- Palau, Luis, 1934- 15
- Plymouth Brethren. 15
- Stam, Elisabeth Alden Scott, 1906-1934. 15
- Blanchard, Charles A. (Charles Albert) 14
- Colson, Charles W. 14
- Columbia Bible College (Columbia, S.C.) 14
- Fuller Theological Seminary. 14
- Glasser, Arthur F. (Arthur Frederick), 1914- 14
- Johnson, Torrey Maynard, 1909- 14
- Shea, George Beverly, 1909-2013. 14
- Skinner, Tom, 1942- 14
- Smith, Oswald J. 14
- Stam, John Cornelius, 1907-1934. 14
- Dain, Arthur John, 1912- 13
- Mission Aviation Fellowship. 13
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994. 13
- Torrey, R. A. (Reuben Archer), 1856-1928 13
- Conservative Baptist Foreign Mission Society. 12
- Dunlop, Merrill. 12
- Elliot, Elisabeth. 12
- Hurlburt, Charles E. 12
- Jesus Christ. 12
- McCully, Theodore Edward, 1927-1956. 12
- Saint, Nathaniel, 1923-1956. 12
- Smith, Gipsy, 1860-1947. 12
- Stott, John R. W. 12
- Sunday, Helen Amelia Thompson, 1868-1957. 12
- Voice of Calvary Ministries (U.S.) 12
- Woods, C. Stacey, 1909-1983. 12
- Wright, J. Elwin. 12
- Association of Evangelicals of Africa and Madagascar. 11
- Evangelical Foreign Missions Association. 11
- Navigators (Religious organization) 11
- Pacific Garden Mission (Chicago, Ill.) 11
- Presbyterian Church in the U.S. 11
- Riley, W. B. (William Bell), 1861-1947. 11
- Schaeffer, Francis A. (Francis August) 11
- West Suburban Hospital (Oak Park, Ill.) 11
- Williams, Charles 11
- World Vision International. 11
- Youth for Christ/USA. 11
- College Church in Wheaton (Ill.) 10
- Dodds, Gilbert, 1918- 10
- Evangelical Churches of West Africa. 10
- Evangelism-in-Depth. 10 ∧ less