Collection 403 Oral History Interviews with Duncan Mugisha
Scope and Contents
Oral history interview with Duncan Aggrey Mugisha in which he discusses the state of the church in Uganda; life under the rule of Idi Amim, impressions of Bishop Festo Kivengere; the Bolokole movement; relations between Catholics and Protestants in Uganda; relations between Christians and Muslims in Uganda; his conversion and work with the Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS) among college and university students. Other topics discussed include East African revivals of the 1930s; AIDS crisis in Uganda; Bishop Janani Luwum; evangelistic work on college campuses; and his education at Wheaton College Graduate School. The time period covered by the interviews is 1961-1988.
Duncan Aggrey Mugisha was interviewed by Robert Shuster on October 4, 1988 at the Billy Graham Center Archives at Wheaton College.
- Created: 1988
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Full Name: Duncan Aggrey Mugisha Birth date: May 23, 1961
Birth Place: Kampala City, Uganda
Parents: Father and mother are Christians
Siblings: Oldest of six children, one brother and four sisters
Marital Status: Single
Conversion: 1975, at a high school Scripture Union meeting Denominational Affiliation: Anglican Church of Uganda
1984 B.A. (Economics, with honors) Makerere University, Uganda
1990 M.A. (Communications) Wheaton College Graduate School
1985- Fellowship of Christian Unions (FOCUS)
2 Audio Tapes
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives by Duncan Mugisha in October 1988.
September 27, 1995
Janyce H. Nasgowitz
- Amin, Idi,
- Anglican Communion
- Anglican Communion -- Uganda
- Anglican Communion -- Uganda -- History.
- Catholic Church -- Africa.
- Catholic Church -- Uganda.
- Catholic Church.
- Catholic Church. -- Protestant churches.
- Church and state -- Uganda.
- Church and state.
- Church of Uganda.
- Church work with students -- Uganda.
- Church work with students.
- Evangelistic work -- Uganda.
- Evangelistic work.
- Fellowship of Christian Unions (Uganda)
- International Fellowship of Evangelical Students.
- Islam -- Relations -- Christianity.
- Kivengere, Festo.
- Mugisha, Duncan Aggrey.
- Muslims -- Uganda.
- Persecution -- Uganda.
- Senyimba, Michael.
- Uganda -- Religion.
- Wheaton College (Ill.)
- Wheaton College (Ill.) -- Alumni.
- Collection 403 Oral History Interviews with Duncan Mugisha
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script