Skip to main content

Collection 646 Records of the Evangelical Committee on Latin America (ECLA)

 Collection
Identifier: CN-646
Financial records, correspondence, reports, committee memos, minutes, articles and newsletters related to the work of the Evangelical Committee on Latin America especially pertaining to its visits to and consultations with Latin and South American organizations.  Also contains many advisory reports given to the Board of ECLA.

Dates

  • Created: 1966-1976

Conditions Governing Access

There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.

Extent

1.30 Cubic Feet

Biographical or Historical Information

Founded as a joint advisory committee by the Evangelical Foreign Missions Association (EFMA) and the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association (IFMA) in 1959.  Its purpose was to serve as a liaison between EFMA and IFMA and national leaders for the effective growth of the Protestant Evangelical Christian church in Latin America; The ECLA office, founded in 1959, functioned as a liaison between Stateside mission offices and Latin American fields promoting: closer communication, closer cooperation and closer coordination. Correspondents from various Latin American countries gather significant data and keep the ECLA office posted on important trends and events; clearing house for information on significant trends relevant to that growth as well as to assist the Latin American church through education, research and consultation.  ECLA's headquarters was in Wheaton, IL.

Other Descriptive Information

http://www2.wheaton.edu/bgc/archives/GUIDES/646.htm
Title
Collection 646 Records of the Evangelical Committee on Latin America (ECLA)
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Billy Graham Center Archives Repository

Contact:
501 College Avenue
Wheaton IL 60187 US
630-752-5910