Collection 646 Records of the Evangelical Committee on Latin America (ECLA)
Financial records, correspondence, reports, committee memos, minutes, articles and newsletters related to the work of the Evangelical Committee on Latin America especially pertaining to its visits to and consultations with Latin and South American organizations. Also contains many advisory reports given to the Board of ECLA.
- Created: 1966-1976
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
1.30 Cubic Feet
Biographical or Historical Information
Founded as a joint advisory committee by the Evangelical Foreign Missions Association (EFMA) and the Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association (IFMA) in 1959. Its purpose was to serve as a liaison between EFMA and IFMA and national leaders for the effective growth of the Protestant Evangelical Christian church in Latin America; The ECLA office, founded in 1959, functioned as a liaison between Stateside mission offices and Latin American fields promoting: closer communication, closer cooperation and closer coordination. Correspondents from various Latin American countries gather significant data and keep the ECLA office posted on important trends and events; clearing house for information on significant trends relevant to that growth as well as to assist the Latin American church through education, research and consultation. ECLA's headquarters was in Wheaton, IL.
Other Descriptive Information
- Catholic Church
- Catholic Church -- Brazil.
- Catholic Church -- Central America.
- Catholic Church -- Latin America.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Brazil.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Central America.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Chile.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- South America.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Venezuela.
- Christian education
- Christian education -- Chile.
- Christian education -- Haiti.
- Church growth
- Church growth -- Venezuela.
- Coggins, Wade T.
- Communism and Christianity.
- Editorial Caribe.
- Education, Higher
- Education, Higher -- Chile.
- Evangelical Committee on Latin America.
- Evangelical Foreign Missions Association.
- Evangelical Missions Information Service (EMIS).
- Evangelistic work
- Evangelistic work -- Haiti.
- Fraternidad Teol?ogica Latinoamericana.
- Frizen, E.L.
- Gerber, Vergil.
- Interdenominational Foreign Mission Association.
- Liberation theology.
- Literatura de Evangelica para America Latina.
- Unidad Evangelica Latino Americana (UNELAM).
- Wagner, C. Peter.
- Collection 646 Records of the Evangelical Committee on Latin America (ECLA)
- Description rules
- Language of description