Small Collection 084 Ephemera of Nathan Walton
Identifier: SCN 084
Scope and Contents
This collection contains two letters and several items related to the drowning of missionary George E. King in 1927. The letters describe the Waltons' travel as missionaries with China Inland Mission, and a Bible conference for Chinese Christians. Also includes CIM newsletter and report which describe the treacherous raft trip made by 38 missionaries and their families who were withdrawing from the Kansu Province during which King drowned.
- Created: 1927-1940
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Biographical or Historical Information
Missionary with China Inland Mission; born, 1905; died, 1975.
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives by Overseas Missionary Fellowship (Wayne Courtney) in April 1982.
- Boarding schools
- Boarding schools -- China.
- Children of missionaries
- Children of missionaries -- China.
- China Inland Mission.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- China.
- Evangelistic work -- China
- Evangelistic work -- China -- Description and travel.
- King, George E.
- Walton, Lois.
- Walton, Nathan.
- Small Collection 084 Ephemera of Nathan Walton
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script