Collection 094 Ephemera of John Hsu
Scope and Contents
Audio recording of class lecture delivered by Dr. John Hsu, a former Wheaton College graduate, in Dr. Will Norton's History of Christian Missions class at Wheaton College on October 11, 1979. Dr. Hsu spoke about his recent trip to mainland China and his analysis of the church's situation there. Topics discussed include the three-self group, Chinese politics, government, and religion, home church groups, and the Cultural Revolution. The time period covered by the lecture is mid-19th century to 1979.
- Created: 1979
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Hua dao Luong (John Hsu) was born in Saigon, Vietnam, on November 8, 1944, to Reverend Hua hon Long. His father attended the Christian and Missionary Alliance Theological Seminary for his ministerial training. At the age of fifteen Hsu accepted Christ as Lord of his life during an evangelist's meeting in his church.
He graduated from high school in Saigon and then entered the Vietnam Theological Institute. Hsu was able to come to the United States to further his educational training. Grace Bible Institute in Omaha, Nebraska, awarded him a Bachelor's degree in sacred music in 1967, followed by receipt of the Master of Divinity degree from Wheaton College Graduate School in 1970. Hsu received his Ph.D. from Aquinas Institute of Theology in 1974. John, his wife Nellie, and two sons live in Hong Kong where he teaches at the Evangel Theological College.
2.00 Audio Tapes
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials for this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives in November 1979 from Dr. John Gration. The tapes were duplicated and returned to their owner.
February 28, 1980
Mary Ann Buffington
- Belief and doubt.
- Bible -- Translating.
- Buddhists -- China.
- Catholic Church.
- Catholic Church. -- China.
- Church and state -- China.
- Church and state.
- Church growth
- Church growth -- China.
- Communism -- China.
- Confucianism -- China.
- Evangelistic work -- China -- Church history
- Evangelistic work -- China -- Church history -- 20th century.
- Evangelistic work -- China -- History
- Evangelistic work -- China -- History -- 1900-
- Evangelistic work -- China -- History -- 1949-
- Evangelistic work -- China -- History -- Cultural Revolution, 1966-1976.
- Evangelistic work -- China -- Politics and government.
- Evangelistic work -- China -- Religion.
- Evangelistic work -- China.
- Evangelistic work.
- House churches -- China.
- House churches.
- Hsu, John Dao-Luong.
- Indigenous church administration
- Indigenous church administration -- China.
- Mass media in religion -- China.
- Mass media in religion.
- Missions -- China.
- Nee, Watchman.
- Persecution -- China.
- Radio in religion -- China.
- Radio in religion.
- Three-self movement.
- Collection 094 Ephemera of John Hsu
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script