Small Collection 041 Records of Hwa Nan College
Identifier: SCN 041
Scope and Contents
This collection includes a letter, several articles, and photographs, which contain information about the college or people connected with the college. The letter is dated 1930 and is by missionary Dorothea Keeney. She describes the inauguration of the college's first Chinese president, Lucy C. Wang; the school's commencement; and a wedding of one of the staff. One of the articles is by Lucy Wang and from the July 31 issue of Woman's Missionary Friend. It gives a brief sketch of the school's background and describes the careers of the graduates.
- Created: 1920-1931
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
Christian college; founded by Lydia A. Trimble of the Women's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Protestant Church, 1914; was one of the first women's colleges in South China; initially consisted of college preparatory classes, and added college classes in 1917; primary emphasis on education and medicine; chartered by the University of the State of New York, 1922; college probably closed or its association with the Women's Foreign Missionary Society terminated after the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949.
1.00 Folder (Articles, Correspondence, Photographs)
Language of Materials
Accruals and Additions
The materials in this collection were given to the Billy Graham Center Archives by Mrs. Lewis Mead in 1979.
February 9, 1979
February 9, 1979
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- China.
- Christian and Missionary Alliance -- Missions -- Educational work.
- Church schools
- Church schools -- China.
- Education, Higher
- Education, Higher -- China.
- Hua nan nu tzu wen li hs ueh yuan (Fu-Chou shih, Fukien Province, China)
- Kenney, Dorothea.
- Methodist Church
- Methodist Church -- Missions.
- Missions, Medical
- Missions, Medical -- China.
- Wang, Lucy C.
- Women's Foreign Missionary Society of the Methodist Protestant Church.
- Small Collection 041 Records of Hwa Nan College
- Bob Shuster
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Roman Script